Azure Sky: The Forgotten Past

Started by wingish, December 06, 2010, 02:42:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wingish

December 06, 2010, 02:42:18 am Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:22:01 am by wingish
Azure Sky: The Forgotten Past
A new ORPG

How the game came to be:
QuoteI worked on a project called AzureWinds, which was a ORPG much like this one. We made lots of progress with graphics for characters and equipment, however we lacked a good team and engine. Eventually the project was abandoned. It has been resurrected and fallen many times in the past. Eventually, I grew tired of working on AzureWinds and for a whole year I left the subject of game creation. I have recently decided to complete remake AzureWinds and be dedicated towards the project. I have always been a pixel artist, however I found it to time consuming and was interfering with my game creation. Now I have decided to use the default RMXP graphics, but their terms of use disallows RMXP graphics to be used none other but by EnterBrain Products. When I was 11 I bought RMXP and experimented with it alot. However it never seemed to meet my requirements. Now at the age of 14, with more knowledge and experience I plan to use RMXP to make a simple ORPG for my friends and I to enjoy.

:Story of the game
QuoteIn the making. I hope this won't get my thread locked, after all its hard to come up with a story for an ORPG.

Character Description:
QuoteYou

Height: Varies
Weight: Varies
Description: You tell me.

Screenshots
Spoiler: ShowHide

Spoiler: ShowHide

Game is being made in VB6 as of now.

WhiteRose

Looks like a good start. I'd suggest working on the canopy of the trees a little; it doesn't look very natural. Look in the Mapping Thread for a few examples of better ways to handle it.