[XP] Blizz ABS Active Action Info

Started by LiTTleDRAgo, December 07, 2010, 07:12:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

December 07, 2010, 07:12:21 am Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:36:52 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Blizz ABS Active Action Info
Authors: LiTTleDRAgo
Version: 1.52
Type: Blizz ABS Plugin
Key Term: Blizz-ABS Plugin

Introduction

This is similar to XAS Active Action Info, except, this is in Blizz ABS format

Features

• Show skill name every time skill is used
  • Show item name every time item is used
  • Show item name that you got in game
  • Show gold that you got in game

Screenshots

Script

Here

Image required in the blog

Instructions

Put right below Blizz ABS part 3

Compatibility

Require Blizz ABS, will corrupt old savegames

Credits and Thanks

• Moghunter for Active Action Info in XAS
  • LiTTleDRAgo

Author's Notes

Enjoy~

ForeverZer0

This looks very nice.  :D
I really need to start making a BABS game... :<_<:

To answer your question in the "Author's Notes" section, one way to shorten the code quickly and easily, though there is also some other things, would be to cut down on the number of variables. You can easily combine many of them into arrays, and only have a fraction of them. I'm at work at the second, but I would glad to lend you any advice you need later on.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on December 07, 2010, 07:46:11 am
This looks very nice.  :D
I really need to start making a BABS game... :<_<:

To answer your question in the "Author's Notes" section, one way to shorten the code quickly and easily, though there is also some other things, would be to cut down on the number of variables. You can easily combine many of them into arrays, and only have a fraction of them. I'm at work at the second, but I would glad to lend you any advice you need later on.  ;)

thanks for your advice :D
I'll update the scripts to 1.01 (well, it looks like harder to modify it again :evil:)

Shining Riku

December 08, 2010, 01:52:46 am #3 Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:55:44 am by Shining Riku
There any chance it can be customizable, or have the option of having the action display show near the top of the screen?

That aside, this looks awesome! I really like how in some games there's a display that shows what skills are used in battle. I'm so gonna have to play around with this! :D

Level up for the good work!

EDIT: Ah! I just looked at it, and I saw a coordinates thing. Like I said, gotta play with it but I think my "request" is solved already. Sorry about that!  :urgh:

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Shining Riku on December 08, 2010, 01:52:46 am
There any chance it can be customizable, or have the option of having the action display show near the top of the screen?

That aside, this looks awesome! I really like how in some games there's a display that shows what skills are used in battle. I'm so gonna have to play around with this! :D

Level up for the good work!

EDIT: Ah! I just looked at it, and I saw a coordinates thing. Like I said, gotta play with it but I think my "request" is solved already. Sorry about that!  :urgh:

thanks for level up  :D
notice a little error, fixed to v1.02

RoseSkye

You know the action activates whenever a skill is used even if it's an enemy using it. The way it works is the main chara uses a skill and if an enemy uses one after it it'll display the last skill used by the main character.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: RoseSkye on December 10, 2010, 10:23:33 am
You know the action activates whenever a skill is used even if it's an enemy using it. The way it works is the main chara uses a skill and if an enemy uses one after it it'll display the last skill used by the main character.

update to 1.03

LiTTleDRAgo

WhiteRose

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: WhiteRose on December 23, 2010, 09:54:14 pm
What did you change?

it's not really that important though,
just fixing small error and adding switch for enable/disable this script

ForeverZer0

December 24, 2010, 04:01:41 pm #10 Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:04:18 pm by ForeverZer0
Although minor changes are, well, minor, it is still a good idea to keep others informed on what they are. I have learned the hard way that a simple trivial change can sometimes make a big difference to another who may be using the script in a way you didn't think about. It's also just a good practice to keep.

I sometime just use the generic "coding improvements" when the edits do not effect the user at all, merely imrpove performance, such as shortening a method down after you saw some redundant lines of code, etc.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

SBR*

It looks really nice! I'm not sure if I'll use it for my game (I might!), but level up :D!

Cya :urgh:!

megaman30796

mine doesn't show anything..... :wacko:

i copied and paste the script and i put the pics into picture folder with AF_Lay1, 2 and 3......
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: megaman30796 on December 30, 2010, 02:25:21 am
mine doesn't show anything..... :wacko:

i copied and paste the script and i put the pics into picture folder with AF_Lay1, 2 and 3......

did you turn the switch on?
Spoiler: ShowHide
module ZetsuDrago

ACT_HUD_X = 200           
  ACT_HUD_Y = 400           
  ACT_TIME = 2                 
  SE = "001-System01"     
  SWITCH = 47 # <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Look at this part

end

that means you must turn on the switch 47 first

megaman30796

what is the code 4 turning on the switch? :???: :^_^':
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

ForeverZer0

Quote from: megaman30796 on December 30, 2010, 09:40:14 pm
what is the code 4 turning on the switch? :???: :^_^':

$game_switches[SWITCH_ID] = true/false

SWITCH_ID = The ID of the switch you would like to change.
Set to either true or false. True is ON, false is OFF.

G_G

You don't even need a code. Wow. Some people are so dependent on scripts its ridiculous!

ForeverZer0

I agree. I was assuming it to be used from with in a script. If not, it would be pretty stupid to do it that way in a script call.

megaman30796

December 31, 2010, 01:27:20 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:34:53 am by megaman30796
WTF!!!!!I Don't Mean Switches And Self Switches!!!!

I'm Talking About The Code 2 Turn ON And OFF The Active Action Info....

SWITCHES DONT EVEN NEED A CODE!!!!

ForeverZer0

megaman30796

CHECK MY EARLIER POST!!!!! LITTLEDRAGO IS THE ONE WHO SAID SWITCH AND I GOT CONFUSED AND I BLINDLY FOLLOWED

ForeverZer0

December 31, 2010, 01:43:04 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:45:37 am by ForeverZer0
Anyways, thats enough of that.

Don't go all postal when someone attempts to help you. As you said, you were the one confused, so don't be angry when others can't read your mind.

I'll check the script real quick for you and see what your talking about.

EDIT: The SWITCH variable in the config. You set it to the ID of the game switch that you want to turn the system ON/OFF with.

megaman30796

December 31, 2010, 01:46:13 am #22 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:33:17 am by megaman30796
yeah i said that i was confused not u.....i'm not mad. im competing my font with u

EDIT:

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on December 31, 2010, 01:43:04 am
Anyways, thats enough of that.

Don't go all postal when someone attempts to help you. As you said, you were the one confused, so don't be angry when others can't read your mind.

I'll check the script real quick for you and see what your talking about.

EDIT: The SWITCH variable in the config. You set it to the ID of the game switch that you want to turn the system ON/OFF with.
what is the ID of this active action info?

EDIT:

OH YEAH?OH YEAH?
OH YEAH?
OH YEAH?

EDIT:

DARN!!! This Forum Dont Support Arabic Font!!!

Blizzard

A quadruple post? Seriously? *bans for 24 hours*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

LiTTleDRAgo

December 31, 2010, 05:31:11 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 05:37:20 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Quote from: megaman30796 on December 31, 2010, 01:46:13 am
yeah i said that i was confused not u.....i'm not mad. im competing my font with u

EDIT:    what is the ID of this active action info?

forgive me if my english is horrible

G_G

December 31, 2010, 07:38:10 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:56:33 am by game_guy
Well sir "I'm not talking about switches", you need to use switches to turn it off smart one. >_> I swear people are ignorant. Just about as bad as the ass hair growing out of Brandens back. Ew.

Blizzard

Quote from: game_guy on December 31, 2010, 07:38:10 am
Just about as bad as the ass hair growing out of Brandens back. Ew.

OH MY GOD! THE MENTAL IMAGE! MAKE IT GO AWAY! UNSEE! UNSEE! UNSEE!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Luke]

I'd edit it by myself, but it's a lil' bit more complicated than I presumed and you'll definitely make that quick - I have three little suggestions:

1. Make the ACT_TIME constant actually do something. The best would be: defining how long the action info stays on screen, as you probably wanted it to be :)
2. Add the icon display to the item gain window.
3. Add the gold gain window.

megaman30796

Hummmm.......there's a problem.

the thing works but when your party member uses a skill, it doesnt show what skill they're using but it show what was the last skill u used......

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 01, 2011, 08:32:22 pm
Hummmm.......there's a problem.

the thing works but when your party member uses a skill, it doesnt show what skill they're using but it show what was the last skill u used......

Sorry, I was careless
fixed now

Quote from: [Luke] on January 01, 2011, 05:26:00 pm
I'd edit it by myself, but it's a lil' bit more complicated than I presumed and you'll definitely make that quick - I have three little suggestions:

1. Make the ACT_TIME constant actually do something. The best would be: defining how long the action info stays on screen, as you probably wanted it to be :)
2. Add the icon display to the item gain window.
3. Add the gold gain window.

1. sure
2. sorry, I don't know how to do it either
3. done

megaman30796

ok ill try....u r just trying 2 help..there's no need 2 apologize... :P

winkio

Hey littledrago, you are going to have to update to be compatible with the new version of Blizz-ABS.  This was brought to my attention by RoseSkye in the Blizz-ABS topic, so I gave him a quick solution, which you can use:

Quote from: winkio on January 08, 2011, 01:50:04 pm
If you are talking about the script by littledrago, here's how to fix it:

delete the lines 91-145 and replace with this:

alias use_skill_activeinfo_earlier use_skill
 def use_skill(skill, forced = false)
   result = use_skill_activeinfo_earlier(skill, forced)
   if result && @battler.is_a?(Game_Actor) &&
       $game_switches[ACT_SWITCH]
     draw_skl(skill.name)
   end
   return result
 end

alias use_item_activeinfo_earlier use_item
 def use_item(item, forced = false)
   result = use_item_activeinfo_earlier(item, forced)
   if result && @battler.is_a?(Game_Actor) &&
       $game_switches[ACT_SWITCH]
     draw_item(item.name)
   end
   return result
 end

Also, in the future, you should alias methods defined in other scripts (like I did in the code above) so that you won't have to update every time the other script updates.

LiTTleDRAgo

thanks winkio, but when I replace my code with yours it says error on argument,

since I still don't know how to fix that, I'm gonna stick to 2.80
also, you should update this too in part 2 when releasing new version

Quotemodule BlizzABS

# version of Blizz-ABS
  VERSION = 2.7
  # edition of Blizz-ABS
  EDITION = 'Normal'

LiTTleDRAgo

megaman30796

January 10, 2011, 10:42:44 pm #34 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:44:29 pm by megaman30796
wow...this active action info updates very fast!

1 PROBLEM:
the active action info never dissapear after the action is used :wacko: :???:

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 10, 2011, 10:42:44 pm
wow...this active action info updates very fast!

1 PROBLEM:
the active action info never dissapear after the action is used :wacko: :???:

weird, I'm testing it and works fine
did you modifying ths part?

if so please change it back to 2

megaman30796

i didn't modify annything! idk how 2 script. there's no reason 4 me 2 modify anything

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 11, 2011, 07:48:37 am
i didn't modify annything! idk how 2 script. there's no reason 4 me 2 modify anything

then could you put it in a demo with all your script?
since I didn't find anything wrong in my test bed

megaman30796

sry i didnt reply. the problem is solved but this version is still a little glitchy

most of the times, the thing will go away after u used a power, sometimes it doesnt until u activate another skill then it will go away.

m3rcurymorbid

January 28, 2011, 07:17:32 pm #39 Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:56:11 pm by m3rcurymorbid
This is probably a stupid question.. but I simply cannot figure out what to change in the settings to fix it. But if I have an item with a name like "High Potion" it works fine.. but something longer like "Clean Harpy Feather" is cut off like so:

And any ideas why *sometimes* is stays on the screen for awhile afterwards, or is that just a normal side effect?

EDIT: Also, when it stays on the screen and I open the menu the item name disappears but the "Action" image stays

megaman30796

QuoteAnd any ideas why *sometimes* is stays on the screen for awhile afterwards, or is that just a normal side effect?

EDIT: Also, when it stays on the screen and I open the menu the item name disappears but the "Action" image stays

That's exactly my problem but its a minor one

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: m3rcurymorbid on January 28, 2011, 07:17:32 pm
This is probably a stupid question.. but I simply cannot figure out what to change in the settings to fix it. But if I have an item with a name like "High Potion" it works fine.. but something longer like "Clean Harpy Feather" is cut off like so:

And any ideas why *sometimes* is stays on the screen for awhile afterwards, or is that just a normal side effect?

sorry, my head kinda hurt after exam
I didn't want to think much right now

I'll update this into 1.50b
just try changing the font type and size

elmangakac

Awesome script.... thank you so much....Well i have a little problem in line 78 No Method Error

Undefined Method [] for Nil:CLass

Anyone know something???

Thank you to all!!!

LiTTleDRAgo

what script that you used?
could you upload a sample with the error?

LiTTleDRAgo

update 1.5.2

changes =
only party leader's skill shown into active action
improvement coding

RPGManiac3030

I'm getting this error when I turn the switch on:

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)

LiTTleDRAgo

that's mistake on my part,
change draw_hemming_text to draw_text

RPGManiac3030

Official Gio website:
gioadventures.freehostingcloud.com (under construction)

Sylphe

Pictures links are broken could anyone reupload it :S
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss

Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBearTRY KEEP UP

mobiusclimber

I'm getting an error from line 202: "no implicit conversion from nil to integer."

KK20

Seems like, at the time, Drago forgot Arrays are 0-indexed. How this went unnoticed for years is beyond me.
For the sake of keeping the fix easy, find this around line 38 and make sure it looks like this
def mpit() @mpit ||= [nil, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0] end

@Drago: Problem lines are

# Scene_Map#main
@mpit.visible, @mpit.contents_opacity = true, $game_system.mpit[6]

# Scene_Map#update
@mpit.contents_opacity, @mpit.visible= $game_system.mpit[6], true
$game_system.mpit[6] -= 3

The mpit variable was only an array of 6 elements, hence mpit[6] returned nil.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

mobiusclimber

Awesome, thanks! Not getting the error anymore!