[XP] Blizz ABS Active Action Info

Started by LiTTleDRAgo, December 07, 2010, 07:12:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

December 07, 2010, 07:12:21 am Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:36:52 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Blizz ABS Active Action Info
Authors: LiTTleDRAgo
Version: 1.52
Type: Blizz ABS Plugin
Key Term: Blizz-ABS Plugin

Introduction

This is similar to XAS Active Action Info, except, this is in Blizz ABS format

Features

• Show skill name every time skill is used
  • Show item name every time item is used
  • Show item name that you got in game
  • Show gold that you got in game

Screenshots

Script

Here

Image required in the blog

Instructions

Put right below Blizz ABS part 3

Compatibility

Require Blizz ABS, will corrupt old savegames

Credits and Thanks

• Moghunter for Active Action Info in XAS
  • LiTTleDRAgo

Author's Notes

Enjoy~

ForeverZer0

This looks very nice.  :D
I really need to start making a BABS game... :<_<:

To answer your question in the "Author's Notes" section, one way to shorten the code quickly and easily, though there is also some other things, would be to cut down on the number of variables. You can easily combine many of them into arrays, and only have a fraction of them. I'm at work at the second, but I would glad to lend you any advice you need later on.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on December 07, 2010, 07:46:11 am
This looks very nice.  :D
I really need to start making a BABS game... :<_<:

To answer your question in the "Author's Notes" section, one way to shorten the code quickly and easily, though there is also some other things, would be to cut down on the number of variables. You can easily combine many of them into arrays, and only have a fraction of them. I'm at work at the second, but I would glad to lend you any advice you need later on.  ;)

thanks for your advice :D
I'll update the scripts to 1.01 (well, it looks like harder to modify it again :evil:)

Shining Riku

December 08, 2010, 01:52:46 am #3 Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:55:44 am by Shining Riku
There any chance it can be customizable, or have the option of having the action display show near the top of the screen?

That aside, this looks awesome! I really like how in some games there's a display that shows what skills are used in battle. I'm so gonna have to play around with this! :D

Level up for the good work!

EDIT: Ah! I just looked at it, and I saw a coordinates thing. Like I said, gotta play with it but I think my "request" is solved already. Sorry about that!  :urgh:

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Shining Riku on December 08, 2010, 01:52:46 am
There any chance it can be customizable, or have the option of having the action display show near the top of the screen?

That aside, this looks awesome! I really like how in some games there's a display that shows what skills are used in battle. I'm so gonna have to play around with this! :D

Level up for the good work!

EDIT: Ah! I just looked at it, and I saw a coordinates thing. Like I said, gotta play with it but I think my "request" is solved already. Sorry about that!  :urgh:

thanks for level up  :D
notice a little error, fixed to v1.02

RoseSkye

You know the action activates whenever a skill is used even if it's an enemy using it. The way it works is the main chara uses a skill and if an enemy uses one after it it'll display the last skill used by the main character.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: RoseSkye on December 10, 2010, 10:23:33 am
You know the action activates whenever a skill is used even if it's an enemy using it. The way it works is the main chara uses a skill and if an enemy uses one after it it'll display the last skill used by the main character.

update to 1.03

LiTTleDRAgo

WhiteRose

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: WhiteRose on December 23, 2010, 09:54:14 pm
What did you change?

it's not really that important though,
just fixing small error and adding switch for enable/disable this script

ForeverZer0

December 24, 2010, 04:01:41 pm #10 Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:04:18 pm by ForeverZer0
Although minor changes are, well, minor, it is still a good idea to keep others informed on what they are. I have learned the hard way that a simple trivial change can sometimes make a big difference to another who may be using the script in a way you didn't think about. It's also just a good practice to keep.

I sometime just use the generic "coding improvements" when the edits do not effect the user at all, merely imrpove performance, such as shortening a method down after you saw some redundant lines of code, etc.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

SBR*

It looks really nice! I'm not sure if I'll use it for my game (I might!), but level up :D!

Cya :urgh:!

megaman30796

mine doesn't show anything..... :wacko:

i copied and paste the script and i put the pics into picture folder with AF_Lay1, 2 and 3......
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: megaman30796 on December 30, 2010, 02:25:21 am
mine doesn't show anything..... :wacko:

i copied and paste the script and i put the pics into picture folder with AF_Lay1, 2 and 3......

did you turn the switch on?
Spoiler: ShowHide
module ZetsuDrago

ACT_HUD_X = 200           
  ACT_HUD_Y = 400           
  ACT_TIME = 2                 
  SE = "001-System01"     
  SWITCH = 47 # <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Look at this part

end

that means you must turn on the switch 47 first

megaman30796

what is the code 4 turning on the switch? :???: :^_^':
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

ForeverZer0

Quote from: megaman30796 on December 30, 2010, 09:40:14 pm
what is the code 4 turning on the switch? :???: :^_^':

$game_switches[SWITCH_ID] = true/false

SWITCH_ID = The ID of the switch you would like to change.
Set to either true or false. True is ON, false is OFF.

G_G

You don't even need a code. Wow. Some people are so dependent on scripts its ridiculous!

ForeverZer0

I agree. I was assuming it to be used from with in a script. If not, it would be pretty stupid to do it that way in a script call.

megaman30796

December 31, 2010, 01:27:20 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:34:53 am by megaman30796
WTF!!!!!I Don't Mean Switches And Self Switches!!!!

I'm Talking About The Code 2 Turn ON And OFF The Active Action Info....

SWITCHES DONT EVEN NEED A CODE!!!!

ForeverZer0