[RESOLVED] Need a mapper for just one small map

Started by WhiteRose, December 15, 2010, 08:41:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

December 15, 2010, 08:41:48 pm Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:22:54 am by WhiteRose
I've been working on my game, and there's one map that I just can't get right, so I was hoping someone else could help me out with it.
Here's what I need:

An evil lord's manor, approached at the middle of the night. The remainder of the game takes place inside the manor, so it has to be pretty big looking, though the party won't ever explore the exterior. They enter by hopping the railing onto a terrace, so a terrace is a must. I'm hoping that you can have some sort of night sky panorama behind the towers of the manor, but that's just how I envision it. It probably only needs to be about 25 by 30, so it shouldn't take more than twenty minutes, probably. You will, of course, be credited in my game. As for tilesets, I've been using a recolored combination of the church exterior and castle town exterior RTP tilesets.

Anyway, if anyone could give me a hand with this, it would be much appreciated! Let me know if you need any more specifics.

EDIT: I forget to mention, the party travels through a forest to get there, so around the manor should be a forest from which the party can approach.

EDIT 3: Removed edit 2.

Lore

Uhhhhh, providing you give me the custom tilesets needed, I'll give this a shot.
You may want to get on MSN so I can work with you in case I need clarification :P
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Lore on December 23, 2010, 02:38:23 pm
Uhhhhh, providing you give me the custom tilesets needed, I'll give this a shot.
You may want to get on MSN so I can work with you in case I need clarification :P

Okay, I'll send you a link to the tilesets. They're pretty much just a combination of a bunch of different exterior tilesets, so don't expect anything unique or fancy about them.
I'll be on MSN fairly often, so feel free to contact me whenever.

Lore

Sounds good. Just got XP working on Windows 7, so I just have the default RTP installed. :P
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

RoseSkye

You can use this map I made out to practice mapping.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Lore

RoseSkye

Nah, I made it months ago just to get a feel for making a dark castle.

Lore

WhiteRose

That's not bad, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the offer, though, Rose.

Lore

Finished the map already in case anyone else wanted to do this.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Lore on December 28, 2010, 02:00:03 am
Finished the map already in case anyone else wanted to do this.

I'll go ahead and mark this as resolved. Thanks, Lore. Also, thanks Spoofus; you helped considerably as well.