The Storyline Service. Worldbuilding, Plots, Characters & Internal Consistency!

Started by Vell, January 07, 2008, 07:03:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

we need an official 'USS: ES' banner. Ulta's Storyline Service: Epic Stories.

not story-capable atm, so will work on tomorrow or something.

Diokatsu

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 10, 2009, 11:45:16 pm
we need an official 'USS: ES' banner. Ulta's Storyline Service: Epic Stories.

not story-capable atm, so will work on tomorrow or something.

I might work on it.

Vell

here's an idea for anyone who cares: make a world inside a drawing. have the character's sprites, and even the world, be drawn, and colored in with colored pencils. good for the artistic person. bad for impatient one. I'd pay money for a game like that.

scoace13

...i still need some help with my storyline.
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Vell

nobody got on that yet? I suppose I will... TO THE PM LIST!

GAX

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 14, 2009, 12:25:18 pm
here's an idea for anyone who cares: make a world inside a drawing. have the character's sprites, and even the world, be drawn, and colored in with colored pencils. good for the artistic person. bad for impatient one. I'd pay money for a game like that.

Huh...honestly this idea is pretty neat...if I didn't already have a ton of projects in the works, I'd probably work on this if I didn't already have a ton of projects...

How about that each zone in the game takes place in different types of artworks...start off with simple drawings but then you go into different styles?

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Valcos

Quote from: Badou Nails on June 14, 2009, 07:36:26 pm
Huh...honestly this idea is pretty neat...if I didn't already have a ton of projects in the works, I'd probably work on this if I didn't already have a ton of projects...

Something doesnt seem right :huh:.

Quote from: Badou Nails on June 14, 2009, 07:36:26 pm
Quote from: UltaFlame on June 14, 2009, 12:25:18 pm

How about that each zone in the game takes place in different types of artworks...start off with simple drawings but then you go into different styles?

And, actually... that sounds real sick. Not sure what the actual storyline would be to a game like that. But, it be cool xD. Id draw the crappy style of drawings  :V:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

start with stick figures, evolve into full on epic drawings later. it'd be interesting. you'd see your character become a stick figure, and then become a fully drawn character with a personality. it'd be fun.

EDIT: for this idea, I should thank Aqua. the reason why is for me alone.

Valcos

Pretty sure this could be done in a 10 minute clip on flash or something? :huh:

Only if i knew how to draw -_-"
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

I'm saying like a full blown RPG done in this style. it'd be AMAZINGLY hard.

GAX

It could be pretty fun, even have the play style really change around depending on the artwork (such as the stick figure part could be a side-scroller or something), but more detailed parts would use the default RMXP engine.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Vell

yeah. I'd love to see it get done. maybe we could get a bunch of ideas together and send it to a company like nintendo or somethin, and see if it'll eventually come out.

legacyblade

Vell

I did. he sent me a pm and when I saw nobody doin naythin for a few days I sent him some ideas.

legacyblade

Vell

yeah, that's always a good thing to do.

Valcos

Quote from: UltaFlame on June 15, 2009, 04:14:10 pm
yeah. I'd love to see it get done. maybe we could get a bunch of ideas together and send it to a company like nintendo or somethin, and see if it'll eventually come out.

Lol... wouldn't you need to make an example game or something? Or do they just take in random ideas? :huh:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

I wouldn't know, I've never bothered to do research to send somethin to them.

Arkaea Halfdemon

Well, if UltaFlame isn't going to be around, then I'll try my hand at the job. I'm a former member of the Service, after all. And that was when I was thirteen. Imagine how much better my ideas will be now!

So, hit me with your best shot. 8)

*Takes over the thread in a revolution*

Blizzard

Sure thing. Just because on member doesn't participate, doesn't mean the rest can't go on. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.