[RESOLVED] How Do I Make The Dialog Look Like This

Started by megaman30796, January 01, 2011, 09:51:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

megaman30796

i want the dialog box 2 look like this

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYFRAqzeDrbTtMwPugqJZgZkmYVsP3mAsjYGbP5zVnhoB2563eHQ

As u can see, the dialog box shows the character's face

or

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7kOYzD2ppNLOAOFFYqm2l8KcsDI-XMwP3el-6P6jztjq3O3VP

something like disgaea here.....u can see the battler face above the dialog box
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

The Niche

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

megaman30796

AWESOME!!! I Wanna Level u up But ur Signature Tells Me 2 Lv 2 down.....which do u want me 2 do? :???: :wacko:
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

The Niche

Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

megaman30796

January 04, 2011, 08:43:37 am #4 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:52:08 am by megaman30796
OK!!! Np!

btw can u help me lv up 2 a positive number?

The Niche

I did, but bear in mind that levels are a joke.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: The Niche on January 05, 2011, 01:13:50 pm
I did, but bear in mind that levels are a joke.

Don't let him lie. They are directly relative to your over-all success as a human being, and should NEVER be taken lightly or joked about.  :V:
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

megaman30796

nah..actualy they don't really mind....but if i have a negative level, people will treat me like a noob. :o

Blizzard

No, if you act like a noob, people will treat you like a noob.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

megaman30796

ohh. come on! i dunnao scripting....i have no choice but 2 ask about things idk

Blizzard

January 06, 2011, 04:32:29 am #10 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:33:34 am by Blizzard
Acting like a noob has nothing to do with scripting knowledge. WhiteRose can't script either, but she doesn't act like a noob. You are not a noob when you ask questions. You are a noob when you behave immature, try nothing yourself and expect other people to do everything for you.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

January 06, 2011, 04:39:06 am #11 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:40:16 am by Starrodkirby86
There isn't anything wrong about asking a question, especially when you've tried your shot at it. Though, uh, the way it's said can really make a difference. If I ask a question about something courteously, I'm going to get a much nicer response than I asked said question in a rude, rushed manner. That's a difference between what people would consider a "noob" and not being one.

Of course, there's exceptions here and there (Some people are nice by default, or others can get blunt), but in general, the more mature and respectful one is in requests, the likelier someone would be interested in helping. (This is independent of other factors like the difficulty of the request)

Perhaps lurk around the forum more, see the behavior of some of the good members and not-so-good members, and see how you can follow and be an awesome user.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

(jk ilu blizz) (and that post time gap kind of shows how distracted and how slow I was, teehee)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

megaman30796

i try stuff myself but i seriously cant script......i need help in scripting b'coz i dont even understand a thing in the script.

RoseSkye

If you level up to 99 you get to fight Blizzard in a 1 on 1 rpg battle.

Kagutsuchi

Quote from: RoseSkye on January 06, 2011, 09:02:24 am
If you level up to 99 you get to fight Blizzard in a 1 on 1 rpg battle.
Thats unfair <.< he is lvl 420

WhiteRose

I'm not quite sure why this is on the Tutorials Board. I'm going to move this to Tutorial requests, as well as mark it as resolved.

megaman30796

r u asking me 2 play 1 on 1 rpg against him and u look down on me??

u cant judge a person like that........i may be new 2 this forum but i've been playing action games for several years already......im good at playing games but not so good at making one..

Valdred

No offence, but you are speaking noobish.  :haha:

Abbreviations that make words one character shorter instantly makes me think "noob." That's just me though.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 07, 2011, 08:25:52 am
r u asking me 2 play 1 on 1 rpg against him and u look down on me??

u cant judge a person like that........i may be new 2 this forum but i've been playing action games for several years already......im good at playing games but not so good at making one..

He's joking. Don't take it personal. I thought it was pretty funny in the light scheme of things. Rose wasn't judging you but was just making a joke.

Look, there's always been that stage or phase where we act like a "noob" and it gets embarrassing for it. But I'll have to say that it's definitely a phase people go through. You're eventually going to have different behavior that's less "noobish" than right now. The question is when. I suggest to lurk around the forums and see how some of the most respected members are treated and discussing things and compare it to your behavior.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

megaman30796

January 07, 2011, 11:07:29 pm #19 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:11:12 pm by megaman30796
every1 used 2 be a noob at these sort of things.....even blizzard, right? i bet he wasn't very sure with everything the first time he tried his hands on RPG Maker XP. :gunz:

btw, the ums program have a little problem.....it can't transfer player 2 other places and whenever i open the menu and vlose it, the script crashes and it says that i got a RGSS problem :(