[RESOLVED] How Do I Make The Dialog Look Like This

Started by megaman30796, January 01, 2011, 09:51:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 07, 2011, 11:07:29 pm
every1 used 2 be a noob at these sort of things.....even blizzard, right? i bet he wasn't very sure with everything the first time he tried his hands on RPG Maker XP. :gunz:

:p
btw, the ums program have a little problem.....it can't transfer player 2 other places and whenever i open the menu and vlose it, the script crashes and it says that i got a RGSS problem :(

Transferring the player is a different event altogether. This script should not interfere with that. If you're talking about that you can't change the placement of the face or the layout of the message box in general, then you need to use script calls or in-message commands. There's an event command that's called "Call Script". You can use this to change any settings for the message box on the fly. Just copy-paste a function (Lines 55-117) into the text box and presto! For in-message commands, refer to Lines 10-52. It works exactly like typing \v
  • (That is, typing a command inside the message box will change the settings).

Open the menu and close it? You're talking about the same menu that you can launch with a simple Esc or X key, right? That's unrelated too.

You should probably post us up that script problem. When the crash happens again, the error message should appear. Take a picture of that with Alt+PrntScrn, open up Microsoft Paint and go to Edit > Paste (Ctrl+V). Save your image, upload it onto an image uploading site (Ex: http://imageshack.us ) and post it here. I remember that 1.8.0 of ccoa's UMS had some errors, but I don't think they were script crashes (I had to switch back to 1.7.2).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

megaman30796

no seriously..i removed the ums script and everything worked out without a glitch...i think its a compatibility issue with 1 of my scripts.
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

Starrodkirby86

Hum. Maybe. But for a compatibility problem to happen, the conflicts should be on similar things. ccoa's UMS shouldn't be going out on something that's unrelated. It's absurd.

What's your script listing?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

DeXuS

every1 used 2 be a noob at these sort of things.....even blizzard, right? i bet he wasn't very sure with everything the first time he tried his hands on RPG Maker XP. :gunz:

From what I hear Blizzard was born with RMXP in his hands.  Me on the other hand...  :sos:

Blizzard

This is of course not true. And of course I was once without any knowledge of RMXP and scripting. But I didn't act like a noob.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

DeXuS

Just pulling your chain a bit Blizzard, I know everyone starts off not knowing how to do things that are new.
I also know that it is harder to learn for some people (like me) due to varrious reasons.  All we can do is accept the wisdom at our own pace and not expect a great or even halfway decent project on the first try.

I have 2 projects going on at the momment and I have changed them so many times after learning somthing new or coming up with a better idea based on somthing else that it is becomming a routine.  But pratice makes perfect and a little help never hurt.

By the by, Thanks for making this site, I have and plan on learning alot.

The Niche

Less philosophy, more swordfights! Less philosophy, more swordfights!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

megaman30796

i think i know what script clashes with UMS.....i haven't checked it out though...
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

Starrodkirby86

Whatever script that is, if it's less important than the UMS, then just remove it and insert the UMS in instead. Keep that previous script somewhere safe in case that's not the conflicting one.

ccoa's UMS is much more worth it in the long run. It's so robust that it'll pretty much answer all your needs in dialogue and the like.