why?

Started by Vell, March 21, 2008, 10:04:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

lol Mew's plan goes through the squirrels and the Furrets

Fallen Angel X

Yeah but with everyone watching and admiring mew, it can't pull anything off in public

Vell

thats why it uses the squirrels and furrets to further its plans.

Fallen Angel X

Hmm... I use ninjas for my plans...

Vell

there are ninja squirrels, din you know? they kick the shit outta human ones.

Blizzard

Sometimes I feel hopeless as well, but it goes away. It's very rarely. In fact, it happened a couple of days ago. Don't ask why.

Even people who are happy all the time are sometimes down. It's not healthy to be in a good mood ALL THE TIME. That means that you are swallowing down emotions which is very bad. There has to be a balance. The thing is that my "moments of despair" are very extreme as they are rare to happen. I used to be down and hopeless all the time long ago, but then I decided that it's enough. I took my own fate in my own hands only to realize that I actually couldn't escape my real fate at all. When I now look back, I realize what I was made for. I realize why I exist, I have found the purpose of my being, of my existence. Funny enough, it is somehow, in some way exactly what I was longing for so long ago... I can see the signs even from back then when I was so much in despair.

I suppose that nobody of you has the slightest idea what I am talking about...
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

i kinda do. i know what your talkin bout Blizz, but the person im talkin bout feels this way on an almost daily basis :/

Blizzard

Like I did until I decided that it's enough.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

QuoteI suppose that nobody of you has the slightest idea what I am talking about...

I know what you're talking about. I'm yet to 'decide that it's enough', I'm in that stage right now.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Vell

ok then. >.> I get worried sometimes tho >.>

Valcos

I dont see why people should feel hopeless tho :-\ There is always away around something or another thing you can do to help your self. Isnt there? ??? You may not know but i wanna be apart of the NFL one day :o But wait im Canadian....! So thats basicly makes me feel alittle hopeless, helpless, and the whole shibang. If you know what i mean. But if all turns out well and i get the money to go to college in the USA.  ;D!
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Reygekan

Feeling hopeless has a lot to do with feeling there's nothing out there for you. It's a feeling of despair, feeling your dreams are crushed and you have nobody to turn to. This often causes whoever's feeling it to overreact to many things, and soon everything comes off almost negativly, and in a rough time it leaves the person with a feeling of uselessness- that there is nothing to live for. This usually happens in unsupportive or uncaring enviorments, and family tends to play a large part in it. It also happens most in adolescence, but for some reason or another almost everyone goes through it at some point. This is partially because humans downplay the emotions of others- it's a common tendancy to feel others are less human than you in some way, simply because of their differences. This is not a conscious belief or emotional state, it's simply due to the basic ego and superiority complex of the average human. Of course, as they begin to spiral downward the human mind looks for someone to blame- and they become aggressive and short tempered, taking things out on anyone. This is soon realized by them, and as a result they begin hating themselves, so their ego spirals downwards and they develop an inferiority complex, believing others are better and have it better as a reuslt- and so the subject still believes others could not possibly understand.

They see others laughing and having fun (although a great deal of the people they see are most likely depressed as well) and as a result think there's something abnormal about themselves- hiding behind a false happy persona to make up for it. They no longer think they're worthy of attention, so they try to blend in and give up their individuality. They soon confine themselves into a cage of their own contradicting views- by trying to fit in and avoid pain they cause themselves more pain and hate themselves for it, but feel they have to continue. At this point they've become so irrational they can't see the flaws in their own reasoning, and when these flaws are discovered they believe themselves to be stupid for it.

This quickly leads to hopelesness, the victim having lost a sense of self and the dream of a brighter future, and seeing nothing to look forward to but pain they could easily become emotionally unstable or suicidal.

Those with high will power can force themselves to overcome it and look on the brighter side, and throw away the past. This is something I did when I was near suicidal, and this is also what Blizzard did. However, those with weaker wills simply cannot do it. I have a friend who is now spiraling and she's simply too weak to stand up for herself at this point. Those weaker people need someone stronger to cling to and help them up, and unfortunately that's not provided in our society- where depressed people are laughed at and falsely stereotyped.

A common misconception is that being passive with these kind of people will help and aggressiveness will hurt however that's far from true. It usually takes a large slap to the face for the depressed person to realize something is wrong- something most people aren't willing to do.

Blizzard

March 28, 2008, 07:27:40 am #32 Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:28:36 am by Blizzard
It's interesting, though. Exactly THAT fact that people were mean to me when I was young gave me the strength to overcome myself. Something like "I'll show you all... I will become better than all of you together and then I will laugh at you!". The most interesting is that I actually simply stopped caring about those idiots. I don't care what they think of me now, even though if it would be rather amusing to meet somebody from my past and "spit" into his/her face who I am now. I wonder if will power is something that can be learned or enforced. Will power actually is "forcing" oneself, maybe the key to will power is just forcing oneself until one actually realizes how it works.

Just the other day was messy. It was raining and I was having two heavy bags with me and my laptop in my backpack. The problem is that the laptop should get wet. I have around 8 minutes uphill from the bus station to the place where I live now. I was literally running up those couple of hundred meters even though it was nasty. I screwed up my lungs and they were hurting for like 15 minutes afterwards, I'm not in a very good condition, you know. But I beared it all and just an hour later it was as if nothing happened. The only things left were the memory of those hellish 5 minutes (I was "running" uphill, remember?) and a cough I got rid off just the day after.

That is what I consider will power: You keep going even if it hurts and even if you know that there will be heavy, unpleasant consequences. And in the end it IS forcing oneself.

Valcos

Will Power is an amazing thing isnt it ::)! If people just used it at times where they might give up they can most likely over come their problem. Unless of course its an unreasonable task but thats not the point. I remember late last year around september, it was still hot outside and I had football practise it was horride. We played really loizy last game so we were doing alot of extra suicides :'(! We had to do like 100 suicides 3x and for each 100 we would do 10 sit ups, push ups, then pointless burpys (think thats how you spell it ::)) for each lap! Yeh, I wouldnt be able to finish if i didnt use my will power because i really wanted to play next game because my coach hated me for a stupid reason so i had to show him i was really good (-_-")...  ;D
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

Will Power doesnt vary among people, its limitless, as i see it, the only thing that makes it seem to vary, is that some people dont know how to gather it. that, i feel, is true.

Blizzard

I somehow agree. Will power is not something that somebody has in oneself, it's rather an ability that can be developed. Everybody can push oneself. In fact, you can push yourself up to your limits and even beyond them into death. Remember the guy who player Warcraft 3 for over 50 hours and just died?

Vell

O.o SOMEONE DID THAT?!

Valcos

.... I think i remember reading that somewhere :-\. The game wasnt that good tho ::) Star Craft was better imo... :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

WCIII had heroes = better.