Cartoon Grassland (WIP)

Started by G_G, January 01, 2011, 03:30:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

January 01, 2011, 03:30:54 pm Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:37:36 pm by game_guy
I'm creating a cartoon tileset for I dunno out of boredom I guess. Anyways, great way to start spriting. I'm going to basically recreate the grassland tileset in a cartoony crappy shaded tileset. The shading isn't great but the result looks fabulous.

Tileset
Spoiler: ShowHide

Water Grass Autotile

Water Dirt Autotile

Example

Do note that the autotile has a grass tile in the tileset instead of the water tile. Deal with it.

The Niche

It looks nice, but you need mario style characters for that tileset style. Other than that, very nice, I shall be watching this.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

WhiteRose

I'm looking forward to seeing it once you have some trees and stuff done.

Starrodkirby86

I love the shading against the water. I guess this can be considered null since it's cartoony, but should there be some sort of cliff against the grass to the water to show a sense of height? It looks somewhat like puddles or small-dug shallow ditches...I'm not sure, but it's striking me as both strange and nice at the same time. By all means, I'm not suggesting you need to make the change or anything, but I'm throwing the idea out in case it should apply here.

So yeah, the result does look fabulous. :D

Hopefully your trees won't end up what I'm imagining them to be...xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).