The request request thread. Want an advanced system but don't know how to do it?

Started by RoseSkye, January 06, 2011, 09:10:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

Spaceman McConaughey

A system that changes the player's color. :V:

I system that allows random events to occur in towns of your choice.

Like let's say, a house is burning down, and you go in to save the people.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Tuggernuts on January 06, 2011, 10:20:52 am
A system that changes the player's color. :V:

I system that allows random events to occur in towns of your choice.

Like let's say, a house is burning down, and you go in to save the people.

That's hardly an advanced System. Create a Parallel Process event like this and place it in the town or wherever where you want the random events to occur, and then set up Common Events for each event:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Obviously, changing the wait time or the number range of the Random variable would allow you to control how often the events occurred.

RoseSkye

Pretty much what the other Rose says... the 'that one' Rose. *glares at W.R.* *glares at W.R's genitals* *gets banned for sexual harassment again*

Taiine

Not an advanced something. But something I'm having some trouble with.

I have a cave and a 'show picture' thing hooked to the players X/Y cords to make a lantern effect. However I'd like this image opacity to fade in and out as you go deeper into the cave to make it seem as thing's are getting darker and soon can't see beyound the lanterns 'light'. I figured it could be by checking the x-y of another event that marks the darkest part of the cave, thus the image is at 100% viability when you are at it, then fade out as you step away. But I am unable to get the image to fade in and out as you get closer/further away to that event/area. The range that it fades would need to be semi large as well.

Though this way may also limit it to just one 'darkening' event, if I want other areas to make thing's go darker on the same map.. how would that be done?

Shalaren

a system for blizz abs

a spot on the ground (an event) that when u stand on it, it activates only but only when u stand on it and jump (a feature in Babs)
and the rest i can do my self for what it does if u jump,

besically i want t make jumpie spots that when u jump on them ull be jumping even further to an unreachable spot that can only be reached, that way.

AliveDrive

@Taiine

I have an event like that in a previous project, I could polish it to your games preferences if you tell me in detail exactly what you need, its already similar to your posts but I just need to make sure its done right.
@Sharalen

You could try using switches, I have no idea if that would be the easiest way or not though.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Taiine

It's pretty much what I said.

In my caves. I have a typical 'show picture' that's black with a transparent center to make them lantern effects.
However I'd like it if the image could be set to fade/change opacity as you go in deeper into the cave. So the image starts out at like 120 opacity or less, and as you go deeper it's opacity increases to make it seem the areas growing darker and all you can see is whats visible with your 'light'.
Like this.

You're near the start of the cave, it's a little dark, but you can still see alright.

Now your in a deeper section of the cave, it's darker and all you can see is whats around your light.

I again figured this to be done by sorting out the players X/Y placement to an 'control' event. That the closer you got to said event, the higher the images opacity got thus making things seem to be getting darker. But I can't sort out how to get it to change as you get closer. Plus if you want more then one area to be dark? How would that work?

AliveDrive

So you could try using conditionals in a common event for varying degrees of darkness.

Maybe have a transitional area "cave entrance" that has changing light.

Then all subsequent areas of the cave just have show picture with a set opacity that does not get lighter (or less opaque).
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Taiine

I already said I tried the X/Y coords in a common event, but it didn't want to work. Most likly cause I was doing it wrong or something.
The way your saying, is to have various maps for one cave and change the image as you go to these maps. That's not really what I want. I have long paths on one map, and I'd like it to grow darker as you go further in.

I also tried placing events on the ground that when the player walked over them it trigger the edit image and change the opacity of the light image, but that got buggy if you stepped on it then turned back, triggering the one to make it lighter. I couldn't have a smooth transition cause if you stepped forward and things got darker and then turned back right away and hit the one to make things go lighter, it would either remain dark from the first event or just mess up.

Why I thought an x/y cords to enother event that when you stepped closer to it would make the image opacity change.

AliveDrive

I simply meant to have an entrance area for the cave that would have changing light. This area could be smaller, and then changes areas to the main cave rooms.

If all else fails, go with your on player touch method, space them out far enough to avoid problems of the player backtracking to offset this.

If you want I could try to make a system for you, or I could attempt to make it work within your game.

RoseSkye

elmangakac

Hello people... I dont know how i can do a falling boulders system that demage the player at touch... like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqX3I_-c0Us

(without the glitch XD)

Anyone have an idea??

PhoenixFire

Okay, well, I'm not sure quite how advanced you would consider this, but, I need a script that will allow an enemy to be removed completely from the game after defeated once... I know it's probably somewhat easy, but I can't figure it out for the life of me, unless I use an odd system of control switches, and conditional events?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: brandedsoul on April 05, 2011, 08:19:05 pm
Okay, well, I'm not sure quite how advanced you would consider this, but, I need a script that will allow an enemy to be removed completely from the game after defeated once... I know it's probably somewhat easy, but I can't figure it out for the life of me, unless I use an odd system of control switches, and conditional events?

Use a switch.

PhoenixFire

Alright, so, I feel really stupid now.. Turns out I was doing the right thing, but, had a switch activated event set the wrong way.. :roll:
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?