THE SECRET OF DRAGONESS EDGE 2820'S BATTLE SYSTEM!

Started by GAX, March 23, 2008, 03:05:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Dunno where to put this, so I threw it in Chat stuff...

Okay, here's how it works.  It may look like a really bitchin 3D Side View Battle System, but in fact it's just a cheap yet pretty convincing trick.  The character battler is already present on the battle-background setup, being just a standing image on the background.  When you see the character battler fly across the screen, that's an animation effect which includes an image that stacks on top of the battler on the battle background.

Cool yet cheap at the same time...the Japanese never cease to amaze me.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Starrodkirby86

So humorous. Reminds me of how for some objects in old SNES games, you wouldn't expect to be at this certain layer (As the game goes into Layer 1, the foreground usually, Layer 2, the background, Layer 3, more of the background, Layer 4 {Is there a layer 4?}, and a Layer 5, which is the Sprite Layer), like for a face of a character that talks, only the actual lip moves, and if you turn off the face layer, it'll look pretty strange.

That is a very creative way on how to do something so real, yet it's fraudulent at the same time...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Fantasist

QuoteCool yet cheap

Quoteyet it's fraudulent

I'd say it's... clever :p
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

GAX

I was thinking of doing it for a game project set aside called Chaotic Fury - Berserker which would be sort of a pre-story to CF which only uses one character, but I haven't decided the battle system yet, and it might just end up as a 3D Hack and Slash.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.