City building Breath of Fire style

Started by Dragonmanb, January 07, 2011, 04:57:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonmanb

Im looking for a way to build/rebuild a town in my game like breath of fire II
Project Pokemon Academy

Embrace nothing. If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet your father, kill your father. Only live your life as it is, not bound to anything.
Said by the best monk ever

stripe103

Well if you got the tileset, you just have to find a image over the town you want and start mapping... Or that maybe isn't the info you want? You aren't giving too much info..

WhiteRose

Quote from: stripe103 on January 07, 2011, 05:03:40 am
Well if you got the tileset, you just have to find a image over the town you want and start mapping... Or that maybe isn't the info you want? You aren't giving too much info..

The system to which he is referring is one that allows the player to essentially create their own town in-game by hiring various people to fix an old, run down town.

This shouldn't be difficult through the use of event switches, though it might be a bit tedious. Create a different map for every combination of major changes (hiring someone to pave the roads or build more houses, for example,) and then use event tiles that switch graphics for smaller changes (such as hiring a new shop keeper, etc.) If you still need help, I could put together an Event System for you as a demonstration, though of course you'd need to modify it to fit into your game.

Futendra

Quote from: WhiteRose on January 07, 2011, 12:08:36 pm

The system to which he is referring is one that allows the player to essentially create their own town in-game by hiring various people to fix an old, run down town.

This shouldn't be difficult through the use of event switches, though it might be a bit tedious. Create a different map for every combination of major changes (hiring someone to pave the roads or build more houses, for example,) and then use event tiles that switch graphics for smaller changes (such as hiring a new shop keeper, etc.) If you still need help, I could put together an Event System for you as a demonstration, though of course you'd need to modify it to fit into your game.

That sounds cewl, I'll check it out too

Dragonmanb

yeah that would be great I need it for my pokemon acedemy
Project Pokemon Academy

Embrace nothing. If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet your father, kill your father. Only live your life as it is, not bound to anything.
Said by the best monk ever

WhiteRose

January 09, 2011, 10:46:11 am #5 Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:20:24 pm by WhiteRose
Quote from: Dragonmanb on January 09, 2011, 08:20:51 am

yeah that would be great I need it for my pokemon acedemy

Alright; I'll create a sample Event System and put it up later today since quite a few people seem to be interested. You can examine that and see how to make your own.

EDIT: Event System is up. You can find the topic here:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,8184.0.html