Author Topic: [XP] Bloodlines - Online RPG  (Read 13163 times)

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • LV: 31
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
[XP] Bloodlines - Online RPG
« on: January 07, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »

An online RPG in development by MRoe Designs

(Click image to go to the development blog)

Introduction
(click to show/hide)

Credits

(click to show/hide)

Team

(click to show/hide)

World & Story

World Map
(click to show/hide)

World Info
(click to show/hide)

Storyline
(click to show/hide)

Screenshots

Servers up!
(click to show/hide)

In Combat
(click to show/hide)

Menu System
(click to show/hide)

Unique Features

Character Backgrounds

Instead of having specific classes, players instead choose backgrounds for their characters when first creating them. These character background choices influence the characters beginning stats, as well as what skills the character starts with. This acts as a good  way to still tweak your character to your personal style (ie choosing to be an anchorite for a spell caster, starting your player off with a higher intelligence rating than others. )

• Anchorite
  • (click to show/hide)

• Charlatan
  • (click to show/hide)

• Ruffian
  • (click to show/hide)

• Terrivian
  • (click to show/hide)

Skills

Unlike most RPGs, in Bloodlines every character has the ability to learn every skill. The skills simply have certain level and stat requirements (ie Fireball may require level 5 and 8 intelligence), as well as certain prerequisites (skills you must know before learning other spells, ie Healing 1 > Healing 2). Players are given a certain number of skill points each time they gain a level, and they can go to librarians to purchase skill books to train. This system is simple, and easy to understand, while still allowing players a very high level of character characterisation.

Religion
(click to show/hide)

General Magic
(click to show/hide)

Magic & Religion
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:05:13 AM by mroedesigns »

Futendra

Re: [XP] Bloodlines - ORPG
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 03:34:25 PM »
Wow! Im really liking this, as soon as it releases, Im in!

Need staff?

Hows the port going?

Offline WhiteRose

• Trying to code in Ruby
  • Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 127
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »
This sounds promising. I'll be sure to give the demo a try once it's available.

Futendra

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:12:50 PM »

Then with 2, we are,.

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »
Thank you! :D

Need staff?

Hows the port going?
I could use a scripter or two, as well as some artists if anyone is interested :]
and the port is coming along. I think my ISP blocks certain ports or something because I got it to work with 3306, but no other ports.. idk yet what's going on with that;

Thank you! Right now I'm shooting for alpha/beta testing around May-ish, maybe sooner.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:56:32 PM by mroedesigns »

Futendra

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »
Thank you! :D

Need staff?

Hows the port going?
I could use a scripter or two, as well as some artists if anyone is interested :]
and the port is coming along. I think my ISP blocks certain ports or something because I got it to work with 3306, but no other ports.. idk yet what's going on with that;

Thank you! Right now I'm shooting for alpha/beta testing around May-ish, maybe sooner.

What do you want for artist?

I mioght get in for that :D

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 09:48:22 PM »
What do you want for artist?

I mioght get in for that :D

The biggest project we have as far art is concerned is making the paper-dolling graphics for the visual equipment system. That's whats going to take the most amount of time. Other things include various sprites / tile sets.

Offline Wizered67

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 10:10:50 PM »
Good luck with this project. It looks really cool. Also, if you want pre-made visual equipment check http://www.hbgames.tk/resources/Sprites/list.php?start=0. There's various visual equipment things up to page 14 scattered on each page. I'm using them for my mmo.

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 10:15:16 PM »
Good luck with this project. It looks really cool. Also, if you want pre-made visual equipment check http://www.hbgames.tk/resources/Sprites/list.php?start=0. There's various visual equipment things up to page 14 scattered on each page. I'm using them for my mmo.

Awesome, thank you for the resources! :D

Offline Wizered67

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »
No problem, and good luck again! I'll probably play this when it is released.

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »

Wow! Im glad that people are actually interested ^.^

Thanks, guys.

Futendra

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »

Wow! Im glad that people are actually interested ^.^

Thanks, guys.

I can do some hand drawn stuff, to a lil photoshop. I can also make some kind of website, but Im not to HTML too much anymore, since I stopped the webdesign classes, All I can do is doing the stuff, not putting it all in the layout...

I can make some stuff, and just help when Its released as a mod or something

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 10:49:06 PM »
I can do some hand drawn stuff, to a lil photoshop. I can also make some kind of website, but Im not to HTML too much anymore, since I stopped the webdesign classes, All I can do is doing the stuff, not putting it all in the layout...

I can make some stuff, and just help when Its released as a mod or something

Alright, well I'll let you know :]

Futendra

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »
Are the class levels all looking the same? or is the higher level, the more awesome your character looks?

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 12:27:22 PM »
Are the class levels all looking the same? or is the higher level, the more awesome your character looks?

By class I assume you mean the origins? Origins don't change your characters looks, nor do you gain any levels in any 'class'. Basically when you create a character, you chose an origin or background for your character. This decides your characters starting bonuses, what skills you start with, and where you begin when you first play. Other than that, every character in Bloodlines has the opportunity to learn any and every skill in the game, giving a very highly-customizable character and play experience.

Futendra

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 01:00:41 PM »

By class I assume you mean the origins? Origins don't change your characters looks, nor do you gain any levels in any 'class'. Basically when you create a character, you chose an origin or background for your character. This decides your characters starting bonuses, what skills you start with, and where you begin when you first play. Other than that, every character in Bloodlines has the opportunity to learn any and every skill in the game, giving a very highly-customizable character and play experience.

Well, so every single person looks exactly the same? hmm... maybe make it sot hey dont? :D Just so everyone is a little bit more unique, and so the game doesnt look like a copy paste game XD

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »
Well, so every single person looks exactly the same? hmm... maybe make it sot hey dont? :D Just so everyone is a little bit more unique, and so the game doesnt look like a copy paste game XD

For now they all look like one of 4 premade sprites, with a bit of paperdolling (visual equipment). So no, they don't all look the same, but they do look very similar. For reasons mainly of resources, there aren't different races, just origins. Think of it this way, if you're using a visual equipment system then you have to make a spritesheet for every weapon/armor/ect in the game. Now think if I had other races that were different sizes (ie a human compared to a short dwarf). Now I have to have two spirtesheets made for every thing, one to fit Humans, and one to fit Dwarves. When you're working on a project that's basically single-man, you want the least amount of work possible outside of standard development if that makes sense.

But down the road I plan to add more character customization, even if I don't add races (ie hair style and color, facial details, and maybe a few other things), and maybe even races. Like I said, right now it's a matter of managing my workload.

Futendra

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »

For now they all look like one of 4 premade sprites, with a bit of paperdolling (visual equipment). So no, they don't all look the same, but they do look very similar. For reasons mainly of resources, there aren't different races, just origins. Think of it this way, if you're using a visual equipment system then you have to make a spritesheet for every weapon/armor/ect in the game. Now think if I had other races that were different sizes (ie a human compared to a short dwarf). Now I have to have two spirtesheets made for every thing, one to fit Humans, and one to fit Dwarves. When you're working on a project that's basically single-man, you want the least amount of work possible outside of standard development if that makes sense.

But down the road I plan to add more character customization, even if I don't add races (ie hair style and color, facial details, and maybe a few other things), and maybe even races. Like I said, right now it's a matter of managing my workload.

There you go mate! http://untamed.wild-refuge.net/rmxpresources.php?characters
Free to use, and they are great!

Offline mroedesigns

• Ethereal Devastator
  • I seeee you
    • View Profile
    • MRoe Designs
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »

Thanks, those are some nice character sets. But that doesn't change what I was talking about :p

Futendra

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »

Thanks, those are some nice character sets. But that doesn't change what I was talking about :p

You dont need to use different sizes, that is insanely much work, you can add elves like the charactersets i gave you now.