[XP] Bloodlines - Online RPG

Started by mroedesigns, January 07, 2011, 06:30:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mroedesigns

Quote from: Futendra on January 08, 2011, 07:44:51 am
You dont need to use different sizes, that is insanely much work, you can add elves like the charactersets i gave you now.

True. The only thing is that if I'm going to have multiple races, I would want at least four or five.

Sorry if it seems like I'm shooting your ideas down, I'm not trying to. And I'm glad you're this interested in the project, it gives me more motivation ^.^
I'm just super picky about how things are set up, which can be a good thing but can also make things a hassle sometimes :p

Futendra

Quote from: mroedesigns on January 08, 2011, 07:48:21 am
Quote from: Futendra on January 08, 2011, 07:44:51 am
You dont need to use different sizes, that is insanely much work, you can add elves like the charactersets i gave you now.

True. The only thing is that if I'm going to have multiple races, I would want at least four or five.

Sorry if it seems like I'm shooting your ideas down, I'm not trying to. And I'm glad you're this interested in the project, it gives me more motivation ^.^
I'm just super picky about how things are set up, which can be a good thing but can also make things a hassle sometimes :p

I see...

Well, whatever, I was trying to help, because you know otherwise it might get runescape like...

whatev-a :D

mroedesigns

Quote from: Futendra on January 08, 2011, 08:02:29 am
I see...

Well, whatever, I was trying to help, because you know otherwise it might get runescape like...

I know, and I appreciate the help. Like I said, those character sets are very nicely done. It's just a matter of me being anal about it.

Spoiler: ShowHide
 :evil: LOLHESAIDANAL. /offtopic

Futendra

Quote from: mroedesigns on January 08, 2011, 08:07:14 am
Quote from: Futendra on January 08, 2011, 08:02:29 am
I see...

I know, and I appreciate the help. Like I said, those character sets are very nicely done. It's just a matter of me being anal about it.

:evil: LOLHESAIDANAL. /offtopic

I completely understand

Well, I'm not aloud to "hijack a topic"

So ill do it compeltely right:

Check out my storyline etc.

mroedesigns

Recently had my laptop stolen, so development is slow at the moment. Read about it at my blog if you'd like. http://bloodlinesrpg.blogspot.com/

That's also why I've been so inactive lately, sorry guys!

mroedesigns

I'm still interested in finding writers and artists if anybody else is interested. Or if you know of where some resources like VES and paperdolling are available, that would be a great help as well.

Thanks!

mroedesigns

Finally got the storyline posted up  :^_^':
Very sorry that it took me that long, let me know what you think!

mroedesigns

Big update! Added a lot about how magic works, the religions in Bloodlines, and how the two interact. Just more detail and background info on the world. General info about the cultures and history is coming soon, it's still being worked out. Let me know what you think!

mroedesigns

Added more detail on the cities and residents of the world.  :naughty:

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mroedesigns

September 15, 2011, 04:14:32 am #30 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:46:53 am by mroedesigns
Quote from: Blizzard on September 15, 2011, 03:52:59 am
*waits for screenshots* ._.

Sorry, I'll get some up here in a few minutes.

EDIT::

Sorry for the doublepost.
Added 3 screenshots

Blizzard

Ah, interesting. I remember that one map from the mapping thread. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

mroedesigns

Yup. The third one I believe is the north-east corner of that mountain map.

I was also wondering if I could ask you a question? I'm looking for a way to make it so that the game doesnt pause when the player opens the menus or is in conversation with an NPC. Any ideas?

Blizzard

You have to use an on-map menu script for that. Either get somebody to change your ring menu script or get one that works on the map.

mroedesigns

mroedesigns

So Ive been thinking about releasing a private alpha server for a few of you guys to check out if anyone is interested? Itd be probably about 10 maps with 3 or 4 basic quests, just enough to give you an idea of whats going on, and maybe find some bugs I didnt know about.

Anyone?

Wizered67

I'd love to help test this out. Sounds very interesting. I'll be available this week if that's when your planning on the alpha.

mroedesigns

That would work. Ill need a day or two though, theres still a few bugs I need to work out. Like that pesky bug with my character creation Dx thats the only major one really, a few little things here and there.

Mind you the alpha test will not have all of the features planned, nor will it likely be relevant to the storyline.

Wizered67

Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to it.

mroedesigns

Testing the updater as of now, and as soon as thats confirmed working I'll post a link to the client. :naughty: