What Title screen is acceptable? Or none?

Started by Futendra, January 09, 2011, 04:59:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the best?

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
None

Futendra

January 09, 2011, 04:59:31 am Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:32:57 am by Futendra
Image 1: ShowHide

Image 2: ShowHide

Image 3: ShowHide

Image 4: ShowHide

Tell me!

Blizzard

*adds poll* There is a "POST NEW POLL" button right next to the "NEW TOPIC" button.
*slaps* Images go into spoilers.
*slaps again* Big images ALWAYS go into spoilers.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2011, 05:31:44 am
*adds poll* There is a "POST NEW POLL" button right next to the "NEW TOPIC" button.
*slaps* Images go into spoilers.
*slaps again* Big images ALWAYS go into spoilers.

*slaps* I didnt know

*slaps again* Those arent big...

Blizzard

You mean you've been a member here for over a week and you STILL haven't read the rules? Are you actually TRYING to get banned?

Anything above 400x400 is considered big.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2011, 05:36:35 am
You mean you've been a member here for over a week and you STILL haven't read the rules? Are you actually TRYING to get banned?

Anything above 400x400 is considered big.

Ohw, And yes, I've read the rules, but not concentrated xd scrolled trough it :D

Subsonic_Noise

They all look very generic. Nothing to remember about them.

Futendra

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 09, 2011, 06:42:31 am
They all look very generic. Nothing to remember about them.

I'm very bad at making title screens and game overs

How should I make them then? It needs to be very mystic and it needs to atract people

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Futendra on January 09, 2011, 05:39:08 am
Ohw, And yes, I've read the rules, but not concentrated xd scrolled trough it :D

So you didn't read them?

Futendra

Quote from: Tuggernuts on January 09, 2011, 07:51:58 am
Quote from: Futendra on January 09, 2011, 05:39:08 am

So you didn't read them?

Now I've readed it all,

Starrodkirby86

If this was only based on the logo and title screen alone, I would say that it needs to portray the sense of horror. But there's probably more to it in your game than just that.

Remove the girl; she's too inconsistent and gives some Evanescence sort-of vibe from it. The best title screen is one that's well constructed and more than just your default layout scene. =o If you look at Chronicles of Sir Lag-a-Lot and Legend of Lexima, you can see there's been much more done to make it a more authentic / professional game experience.

Also, yeaaah.  :rulez: <3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

RoseSkye

for an rpg maker game those are horrible... for a movie title/book title those are good.

Tazero

Quote from: Futendra on January 09, 2011, 04:59:31 am
Random Vector tree?

Randon Vector tree? This covers the girls head

Random Vector tree ?

Tell me!

My point is made. If Its part of the logo/title words make the tree black or grey..Not something that looks like a sad attempt in bleding to the bg :3

If you were a fish...

Futendra

Quote from: Tazero on January 09, 2011, 02:26:21 pm
Quote from: Futendra on January 09, 2011, 04:59:31 am
Random Vector tree?

Randon Vector tree? This covers the girls head

Random Vector tree ?

Tell me!

My point is made. If Its part of the logo/title words make the tree black or grey..Not something that looks like a sad attempt in bleding to the bg :3
The logo is made by mroedesigns, not me, and about the not looking too rpg maker, its not easy. And its not a zombie game or sumthing

WhiteRose

I think the point Taz was trying to make is that the tree in the logo should look like it's part of the logo; at the moment, it looks like a half-baked attempt to add another tree into the background.

stripe103

I think that the third image is the best, and if you make the fog move, or maybe make it look like an old film, it would be really cool I think.
Oh, and also, put the logo somewhere where the tree in the logo melt into the background..

Jaar

I disagree with the fact that the title screens are too simple. In my opinion, a title screen should be simple. I've seen too many games where the titles are so crowded, you don't know what to look at. Not a very welcoming first look at your project lol. But then again, that's just my opinion ^^.

If you had to pick one, I'd go with the first. Nice and clean. However, I'd follow the advice given by WhiteRose and some others. Try and mesh the logo in more with the background.

cyclope

Can i post my titlescreens here? If not we should make a thread for titles/gameovers/logos.
Things I Hate

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their a** to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

Diokatsu

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: cyclope on February 01, 2011, 12:04:39 am
Can i post my titlescreens here? If not we should make a thread for titles/gameovers/logos.

Then make it.

DeXuS

February 04, 2011, 12:54:30 am #19 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:48:42 am by DeXuS
*edited*
None of the above...  Sorry but there was not an option for it in the poll. I just didn't look hard enough.