Frogs vs. Storks

Started by Blizzard, January 10, 2011, 10:11:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Save your frogs from evil storks and make the pond a peaceful place to live in Frogs vs. Storks, a fun Action & Arcade game!

Avoid the hungry storks and help your frog friends survive the assault. Move quickly and avoid adding frog legs to the menu and bring back the peaceful life the frogs are used to!

• 5 stages with increasing difficulty

• 5 different achievements

• 40 unique levels and hours of fun and challenge

• create your own levels with LEVEL GENERATOR and enjoy the unlimited fun

• beautiful graphics and animations

More information here.

You can buy the game here.

I am in no way affiliated with Cateia Games. :V (That is massive sarcasm, I work for this company. xD)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I want to buy all of these games D:

I'm curious. Which games have you helped in?

megaman30796

January 10, 2011, 09:19:39 pm #2 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:24:46 pm by megaman30796
sound like plants vs zombie...

BTW, Do U Have Full Action RPG Games?
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

Blizzard

No and no. Have you played Stalin vs. Martians? It's also an A vs. B game, but it has nothing to do with Plants vs. Zombies.

@G_G: I pretty much programmed everything in FVS. It is based on our open source engine which I have refactored and improved further during the development of this game.

I have also worked on Shaman Odyssey - Tropic Adventure, King's Legacy, Kaptain Brawe - A Brawe New World and Medieval Battlefields.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

megaman30796

im saying that once a person hears the name of the game, plant vs zombie will be the first thing that cross anybody's mind.
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

Blizzard

That's what you think. There have been A vs. B games before Plants vs. Zombies (such as Alien vs. Predator). And there are tons of games out there that also have similar names, yet none of those games are similar.

Starrodkirby86

To each their own, really. For me, to make that connection with Plants vs. Zombies would be to have a game that has a similar interface or gameplay mechanic (i.e. the whole frantic tower defense thing). But it really doesn't, especially with the whole top-down grid style.

I guess its big similarity would be just the namesake. XD But looking at the all the screenshots and features, this is definitely something different for the better. :)

Shame that I don't have any online money stuff. ;a;

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 11, 2011, 07:44:17 am
im saying that once a person hears the name of the game, plant vs zombie will be the first thing that cross anybody's mind.

SHUT THE FUCK UP. You're really, REALLY ignorant, you know that? Practically every post of yours I see on this forum, consists of ignorant stuff LIKE THIS.

When I hear the name "Plants Vs. Zombies", I think these two things:

"Sounds like Alien Vs. Predator."
"What an overrated game..."

Sometimes you just need to shut the fuck up. :P

On topic:
Looks like a good game, Blizz-balls. :3

Starrodkirby86

Calm down? xD

All right, his first statement was fine. It's what his thought was. Though yeah, it was really a bit too much to assume something like that. So far, I don't really think anyone is making that connection between the two, but I do see how he thought of that. Plants vs. Zombies was a really recent and popular PC game, so maybe that connection could be made. I don't think the general audience or even the typical consumer who looks at Frogs vs. Storks would think of Plants vs. Zombies the moment they saw all the things about the game, as I said before.

Anyway, yeah, in summary, just go with Blizzard's statement.  :^_^':

And Branden, do you need your special Blizz-doll again ;A;

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Spaceman McConaughey

Yes, gimme the doll.

*grinds testicles*

Blizzard

January 12, 2011, 03:08:32 am #10 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:30:20 am by Blizzard
Actually the reasons for the name of the game were that we couldn't come up with anything good and we always wanted to make an A vs. B game so we decided to call it Frogs vs. Storks. xD
And yeah, the game has nothing to do with Plants vs. Zombies. This game is an arcade/strategy/board game, not a tower defense game.

BTW, SRK, the iOS version costs only $0.99. It's an introductory price from the usual $1.99. It kind of reminds me of this:

Spoiler: ShowHide

EDIT: I'll make a seperate topic for these.

EDIT: Here's a review of the game if you're interested: http://www.brashgames.co.uk/2011/01/12/frogs-vs-storks-pc-review/

megaman30796

yes but the game sounds like pvz more than alien vs predator.

i know. i know. it's a cateia game originals but it sounds like pvz and some people will think that cateia games stole the idea from pvz.

BTW: The game looks fun and interesting.

Blizzard

January 12, 2011, 07:51:31 am #12 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:53:06 am by Blizzard
Dude, why do you insist so much that it reminds everybody of PVZ if that is completely irrelevant. Just because PVZ was the first thing to cross your mind, doesn't automatically mean that it will happen to everybody. Out of nearly a hundred people that I mentioned or showed the game, not a single person has compared it to PVZ. Your opinion is NOT a fact. Stop acting like it is.

megaman30796

my friend also saw it and the first thing that cross his mind is pvz.

Blizzard

January 12, 2011, 08:26:50 am #14 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:27:55 am by Blizzard
Why are you trying so hard to prove your opinion to be a fact? You do realize that the more you insist on this, it makes you look stupider and stupider? How old are you? 7?

Kett Shee

I read more about the game. Sounds challenging. I like a challenge.  :naughty:

Quote from: Blizzard on January 10, 2011, 10:11:31 am
  • create your own levels with LEVEL GENERATOR and enjoy the unlimited fun

MY GOD DO WANT.

Quote from: Blizzard on January 12, 2011, 08:26:50 am
Why are you trying so hard to prove your opinion to be a fact? You do realize that the more you insist on this, it makes you look stupider and stupider? How old are you? 7?

Reminds me a little bit of another user...
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Spaceman McConaughey

January 12, 2011, 10:54:12 pm #16 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:10:44 pm by Tuggernuts
Quote from: megaman30796 on January 12, 2011, 08:00:07 am
my friend also saw it and the first thing that cross his mind is pvz.

Good lord. You think your friend is an all-knowing God, don't you? How sad... :uhm:

Blizzard

megaman30796

it's just my opinion(there's no harm in it right?).......is it offensive 2 u?.....if it is, just delete the posts.

Starrodkirby86

Ahhh. xD

Here's a problem then, megaman. It's then more of a miscommunication problem.

If it's your opinion, then in English, it should have probably said something about your sentence being subjective. Examples would include, "I think", "In my opinion", "My belief is", stuff like that. You know, somewhere in the sentence that shows you're saying it as an opinion.

Right now, the way you're wording it sounds like they're facts, and NOT opinions.

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 12, 2011, 07:14:58 am
yes but the game sounds like pvz more than alien vs predator.

You see what I mean here? OwO

winkio

Sorry Blizz, but when I read the title, I immediately thought of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  I mean, come on, if you are going to pick a creative name for a game, don't copy something that almost sounds like an N64 classic :V:

lolz

Just use cracks... now you get free games. XD

winkio

don't spam outside of the spam section.

megaman30796

ALL RIGHT!!!! I'll Put Those Words In Next Time!

Blizzard

*bumps* I just wanted to let you know that the iOS version is very fun to play. xD