[RESOLVED]Help with Blizz abs

Started by Sezin, January 12, 2011, 10:57:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sezin

January 12, 2011, 10:57:54 pm Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:51:41 am by Sezin
Errr... o.o This questions probably been asked a ton of times already but did not see it so... How do i make it so when i kill a enemy in blizz abs that a switch is triggered? I've looked through the manual but did not see it. So heh.. Can i get some help? n_n Thank you -Sezin  :wacko:

"The world is always changing. I've learned that nothing stays the same. No matter how bad you wish it would."

Wizered67

Try reading the manual a couple more times. Just put it in the event code of the enemy and it will execute when it is killed.

Sezin

How exactly would you do that? I've been using the sideview battle abs untill last week. So kinda new to blizz. n i did read the manual up n down. all i see were the custom event triggers. .-.

"The world is always changing. I've learned that nothing stays the same. No matter how bad you wish it would."

winkio

Quote from: That thing you said you read...
4.3.2. How to start the Event Code of Battlers
To start the event code of an battler, you only have to kill him. If the battler is an enemy and respawns, the code will be simply executed again if you kill the enemy again. If you want to prevent this, you can simply use a switch. Preconditions work the same way like in normal events. For more custom triggers read Custom Event Triggers.

ForeverZer0

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Sezin

January 12, 2011, 11:26:08 pm #5 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:37:52 pm by Aqua
Eh, it's better to ask then screw it up and continuesly wonder what the hell i did wrong. I read that but how would i set that up in an enemy id? Just trying to use blizz to its full ability. And since i'm new i don't understand alot of stuff. you've all been there before,  sucks to be new. But wont get anywhere unless you accept help, .-. In which i'm trying to get. say i'm talking to someone and say the wrong thing. i understand how to change there name and make them hostile. but what would i put so that after i kill them they wont just respond. it's a switch and a new page for the event i get that. But what's the id i would put to activate the switch so they are permanently gone?

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on January 12, 2011, 11:23:55 pm
lol
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,8221.0.html

x.x Not cool. xD!

WhiteRose

Quote from: Sezin on January 12, 2011, 11:26:08 pm
But what's the id i would put to activate the switch so they are permanently gone?

Turn on a switch when they die. Create a new event page with that switch as the enabler with nothing on it.

ForeverZer0

I'm just messing with you. It's your first day on the forum, I'll go easy on you.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Sezin

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on January 13, 2011, 12:14:06 am
I'm just messing with you. It's your first day on the forum, I'll go easy on you.  ;)

Ha ha funny Zero.  :P love some of your scripts though  ;) And thank you Rose.

Aqua

Quote from: WhiteRose on January 12, 2011, 11:58:00 pm
Quote from: Sezin on January 12, 2011, 11:26:08 pm
But what's the id i would put to activate the switch so they are permanently gone?

Turn on a switch when they die. Create a new event page with that switch as the enabler with nothing on it.

Make sure you rename the enemy in the new event page.
Else you might have an invisible enemy walking around.

Or well, instead of using a switch and making a new page, you might just be able to rename the enemy.

Sezin

The way I wanted to set it up is- In my game you are a Demon, in which you want to be the king of demons. So through out the game you "Collect" new demons to join you. But there are other demon clans that want the title for themselves. etc... So through out the game you will talk to  different demons, if you say the right thing or have a specific class or item they join you. Otherwise they attack you. So I set up a regular event if everything goes well they join you. say the wrong thing they attack you. I was just having trouble with ending the event if you end up killing them.

Starrodkirby86

Sounds like Shin Megami Tensei. Which I love. <3

This is what you probably want to do then.

Have your event as a regular Action Key or whatever where you can negotiate with the demon.

Once the demon gets pissed, that's when he turns hostile, right? Let's now make him into an enemy...

Use this Call Script: (This is located in 4.3.6. in the manual)

$game_map.rename_event(EVENT_ID, 'NEW_NAME')

Change the name to include the enemy tag on there. Now turn on a self-switch to a new page, and have that new page only function if that self switch is ON. Once you kill the enemy, blah blah, put all the event stuff you want in there.

Now, if you want that enemy to possibly come back or something when you return to the map, then in the event when he's killed, just turn off the self switch, rename the event back to the original thing, and erase the event.

...I haven't really evented or even used Blizz-ABS in ages, so maybe there's a better to do this... But it sounds like this would work. >_<

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Sezin

Lol that works. I finally got it all figured out. And thanks to every ones help and "tough love" I now have multiple was of doing this. Got to say thanks to everyone. Even if some of you only replied "Read the manual" xD

tSwitch

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on January 13, 2011, 01:21:51 am
Sounds like Shin Megami Tensei. Which I love. <3

Reminds me strongly of Disgaea...

On topic: the manual exists for a reason, do keep it in mind.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Sezin

Actually got the idea from "grandchild of nurarihyon" And i know it does. But i read it and did not see this one thing. So instead of frantically looking for it in the manual. I decided "Hey maybe someone could help me with this on Chaos Project" Sooo.. here i am.

Blizzard

You should try out the example games. They have lots of stuff done and you can learn a lot just by playing them and afterwards going through them and checking out what people were doing.

Before posting a question, always first consult (I first wrote conslut, lol) with the manual. Since you have already read it, you can use the search function. If you can't find anything, then search the forum. If you still can't find anything, post your problem. Usually along the way of this procedure you will find a solution before getting to the step where you post a new topic. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sezin

xD Lol Conslut? But yea I just downloaded some of your example games. And I'm starting to understand Blizz better. I like how you set it up though. With it the possibilities in battles are endless. But before I post again about something regarding Blizz, I'll make sure to look through the manual again or the forums. This was just bugging the hell out of me lol. :P