Author Topic: Fantasist's Previously Unreleased Scripts  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Fantasist

• Lexima Warrior
  • LV: 146
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Fantasist's Previously Unreleased Scripts
« on: January 14, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »
Well folks, hello! In my days working with RMXP, I have made several scripts for experimentation or for my own use, which I never posted here. Since I'm done with RGSS for now, I decided I will share them all here :D

Note that this is and will be an informal topic, and I don't plan on using the script submission format just yet. I just want to share all my work so that others can learn/adapt/improve upon them. When I feel like completing these scripts with final touches and documentation, I may post respective topics for each script.

One more note: this is not my complete collection. I have more scripts in my archives (like my version of a Message System, individual menu scenes for Status and Items, and others I don't even remember). I'll post them when I find them, okay?

Caution: These scripts were not meant to be released. Even if they were, they were not released because they were not tested extensively. So expect incompatibility issues, corrupted savegames or random problems if you plan on using these in your game. A simple rule of thumb is, scripts with script headers are less prone to problems. But in any case, some of these scripts will corrupt old save games, so be careful! Now enough talk, let's get down to the good stuff!

1. Dynamic Battle Help

This script makes better use of the help window during battle. This can be useful when special command windows are used instead of the command window in battle, where text is not displayed (like Icon commands, Ring commands, etc). This is inspired partly by Blizzard's Chaos Project and partly by my all-time favorite RPG: Chrono Trigger :D
Configuration instructions are in the script header.

(click to show/hide)

2. Enhanced Equip Scene

Remember my script "Enhanced Shop Status"? I made this along similar lines: to replace the default equip scene of RMXP. The layout is inspired by RPG Advocate's mod, but I believe this is more efficient. At any rate, it's much more efficient than the crummy default equip scene ;)

Instructions:

Set ELEM_ICONS to "true" to enable icons for elemental change display. Name the icon files like "elem_<name of element as specified in the database>". (for the element "White Fire", the icon should be named "elem_White Fire").

Set STATUS_ICONS to "true" to enable icons for status change display. Name the icon files like "stat_<name of status as specified in the database>". (for the status "Sleep", the icon should be named "stat_Sleep").

(click to show/hide)

3. Ring Command

A rotating ring with pictures, can be used as a command window :D Instructions and settings found in the script. I actually made better versions, but I lost them in my archives... But this is functional :)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

3a. Ring Command Replacement for Battle Scene

And here is an addon that allows you to replace the command window in the battle scene :D

(click to show/hide)

Here's a demo using the ring command in battle with the dynamic battle help script. Though it's just the DBS, it looks a lot like CP battle system ;)
Demo (287.15 KB)

4. Repeat Battle Actions

Adds Repeat, Attack and Defend functions to Party Command Window. More info in script header. This is made for the default battle system. This will corrupt old save games!

(click to show/hide)

5. Windowskin Viewer

This is a scene which gives detailed preview of windowskins. It automatically reads all the windowsking in your "Graphics/Windowskins" folder. This is only meant for debug purposes, but can be used anywhere and anytime. Call the scene with the script call:
Code: [Select]
$scene = Scene_Winskin.new
(click to show/hide)

6. Battle Phase Prompter

This is not much of a script, just a debug snippet I made to help me analyze the DBS easily. This script shows the phases during battles. Holding CTRL will pause the battle (displays a window).
Set "BATTLE_PHASE_CHECK" to "true" to enable it. Set it to "$DEBUG" to enable it only during debugging.

(click to show/hide)

That's all for now, folks! More will come as I find them. Hope you enjoy these as much as i did :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 12:49:38 PM by Fantasist »
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Offline Ryex

• Arctic Bird of Programming
  • Global Moderator
  • Chaos Ultimate
  • LV: 198
  • Wants to write a compiler for fun
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasist's Previously Unreleased Scripts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »
cool stuff here man.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.

DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fantasist

• Lexima Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Offline LiTTleDRAgo

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 517
    • View Profile
    • ~
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:29:07 PM »

I tried your enchanched equip scene

(click to show/hide)

the actor sprite didn't fully appear, is that intended?

Offline Fantasist

• Lexima Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »
Yes, it is. Gives a portrait feel, I thought.

Offline LiTTleDRAgo

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 517
    • View Profile
    • ~
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
I see, it's really cool

ah one more thing, can I ask example to use your ring command?
I trying to use it in my CMS and give me an error

edit : oh sorry, I didn't look properly that there are demo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:19:14 PM by LiTTleDRAgo »