Simple Script 'Shop'

Started by Rune, March 24, 2008, 06:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

I'm back, in case anyone cares. :)
Signature.

Fantasist

Ok, so you just want the name of the chapter to be stored and displayed in the save scene? And you want that mod applied to my script or the default save script? Because the images are a bit confusing... What are all those "Chapter 1" "chapter 2"... windows on the left?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Caro Ru Lushe

The Game is Divided by Chapters or "Arcs" =< Which uses a Variable that rises up at the end of each chapter.

& just a mod of your Save Script =X

Fantasist

March 30, 2008, 11:25:39 am #23 Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 11:32:46 am by Fantasist
Okay. From what I understand, you have a variable, which is the chapter. Like if variable 10 is 6, it's chapter 6. Then, you have a name for each chapter. Now, you want to display the name of the chapter in my save script. I'll be working on it. Tell me if there's anything else.

EDIT: Um, it's a bit difficult to access variables at this point. What do you say I make a small Chapter System? You'll need to use the following Call Script:

$game_system.chapter = 6 (or any number)

You'll have to set up the chapter names in the editor like this:

when 1 then 'The First Chapter'
when 2 then 'The Second Chapter'

What do you say?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Caro Ru Lushe

Fantasist

March 30, 2008, 12:10:14 pm #25 Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:46:17 am by Fantasist
Done. I'll post the result tomorrow. I'm a tad busy right now for scripting.

EDIT: Updated my script, check it out, CPSL v1.4 is out. I'm guessing you might need some fine-tuning on the position, size, color, or anything else. Just ask, okay?

Caro Ru Lushe

Is by any chance this place Alive? I have a simple request to ask.

Rune

We aren't closed, if that's what you're asking, request away.
Signature.

Caro Ru Lushe

July 17, 2008, 02:21:26 pm #28 Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:32:15 pm by Caro Ru Lushe
Well, just want to request a CMS, something a bit close to this one:

Spoiler: ShowHide

At least, like an edit to Blizz's CMS on that part. =/
& to put derwulf's side view to work, correctly for all characters with cutom sprite set.

Rune

Those mockups look sexy. I'd love to take this one up, but there's a bit or two there that I know I  can't do at my ability, plus I'm busy with two other requests. Sorry I had to put you down, but maybe one of the others could take it up.
Signature.

Fantasist

Like me! Those look awesome dude! So I need finer details. Is your party a 3-man party? or 4?
Modding STCMS might be difficult, so tell me if you have alternatives. If you don't, i'll mod STCMS for you. I'll make other menu scenes if you like, because I don't think this layout goes well with the STCMS. Oh, and the main menu options, the selected icon should be 100% visible and the rest are transparent? Or would you like them to rotate?

Caro Ru Lushe

Well, it ca be either mod STCMS, but if you can make a new one, I have no problem with it.
The Party is 3 Man party only
The Selected Icons well, either going transparent or rotate, whichever is easier & less laggy  ;)

The Character's pictures fades when you moving around to see each their status.

A little mod to see each of their skills & their status like Aqua's mod would be neat I sorta liked it.

Well, that's about I like.

Fantasist

QuoteA little mod to see each of their skills & their status like Aqua's mod would be neat I sorta liked it.

Um, what is Aqua's mod? Okay. I need to know what oprions you need. My guess is the default options (Items, Skills, Status, Save, Load, Exit).

Caro Ru Lushe

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1137.0

What I refer with Aqua.

That i all =X & the screenies & what I've said pretty much sums it up =x

Fantasist

Okay, when you said 'status mod', you mean a new status scene. It's easy, I don't even need to code it. You just need to paste that script below this CMS, but I think I'll integrate it so you don't need an extra script slot ;)
If Aqua posts an update, all you have to do is paste that below this script.

Caro Ru Lushe

Ok, thanks Fantasis, ^__^ Thou I am still in need of putting derwulfman's animated battler to work, but I'll get to obe thing at a time ^__^;;

I can't wait for it >x0

Aqua

OMG!  Someone wants to use my Status screen <3 <3 <3

I LOVE the mockup!  I'd sooooooooo wanna use this for my game... except I'm using Nortos's 3-man and this is probably gonna be private?

Fantasist

@Aqua: I didn't post in your topic because it would be necroposting if I said 'nice!', but it IS good :)

@Caro RL: I've never worked with Dvv's script before, but I'll get to it. It's a minor issue.

Where did that mockup come from? Because it looks cool. You see, one of the drawbacks of RMXP if the 16 pixels of window border. In those pics, the text starts right from the edge of the 3D bevel (which is about 4-6 pixels), but it's impossible in a window in RMXP. If you want an exact replica, it could be difficult.

Aqua

Thanks Fanta :)

I think Caro photoshopped the mock-up and the bevel border is most likely part of the window skin, so it should work?

Fantasist

No, even if the windowskin has no border, the window's bitmap starts from 16x16 pixels.

self.contents.bitmap = Bitmap.new(width - 16, height - 16)

Ever wondered what those 16s are? There is a way we can do it though, that's to code a whole new window class which would be very troublesome. There is another handy thing we can always do for windows which have no cursors (like the help window). Simply use a sprite instead of a window. A single sprite is less laggy than a window, which is a collection of several sprites.