[XP] Need and add-on for Chaos Project Save Layout

Started by IserLuick, January 15, 2011, 11:50:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IserLuick

Description

Hi people! I'm looking for some help modifying the Chaos Project Save Layout (Topic: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=796.0)

This isn't a huge modification I think, I just want to draw Icons on the left side of the filenames; if the file has a game saved, it will show an icon, if there isn't, it will show another.

Image of what I'm looking for:

Here the file 1 has a saved file, the others not.

Another thing that I'm looking for is an option to select to save or load files when you choose the option in the menu instead of saving only; for example, in the main menu there is the option named Save/Load, when you select it you get the message "Do you want to Save or Load?" and you choose if you want to save or load a file, then you get to the Scene_Save or Scene_Load.

I hope this is an easy modification to do  :haha:

Thank you for your attention!

See ya!  :haha:

IserLuick

Bump!  :P, I'm trying to do this myself but it is a little hard for someone that is beggining to learn RGSS xD

Fantasist

February 24, 2011, 04:24:08 am #2 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:00:14 am by Fantasist
Hi :)
Why didn't you post in that topic? Making a new topic is pointless, I think, because the original topic is there so that you can ask stuff, you know?  :roll:

QuoteThis isn't a huge modification I think, I just want to draw Icons on the left side of the filenames; if the file has a game saved, it will show an icon, if there isn't, it will show another.

It can definitely be done, but I stopped coding a while ago...
Oh what the hell. This has been due an update for so long. I'll be on it, it shouldn't take too long.
EDIT: Sorry, but I'm not going to do it. I'll have to increase the width of the file list window for both the text and the icon to fit in, and that means I'll have to adjust the layout of the information window (since it's width is reduced). I don;t think it's worth it, I'm sorry :(
Instead, I'll add an option to change the text colour depending on whether the file exists or not. I hope that'll suffice :)

QuoteAnother thing that I'm looking for is an option to select to save or load files when you choose the option in the menu instead of saving only; for example, in the main menu there is the option named Save/Load, when you select it you get the message "Do you want to Save or Load?" and you choose if you want to save or load a file, then you get to the Scene_Save or Scene_Load.

This has nothing to do with this script. You will have to mod your Scene_Menu to achieve this effect. Try using a CMS, most of them have both Save and Load options.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews