Animal Rights

Started by Power Hungry Midget, January 16, 2011, 01:41:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 16, 2011, 06:11:15 pm
I love how you failed to read anything I wrote... god when is this gonna stop. I will not repeat myself.
1) Doesn't mean we're not able to change it.
2) If every person thinks this way nothing is ever gonna change. One person not eating animal products means less money for the meat industry, and the more people do it the higher the loss. Yes, this alone won't change it, but that would be the same as saying "I don't vote for the party I support, because the other party will win anyways". Yes, one person can't change anything. But a mass of people can, and that won't happen if nobody starts it.
3) Reread my post please. I don't feel like repeating this point again.

Quote from: NAMKCOR on January 16, 2011, 05:50:07 pm
I like eating meat.
It's tasty, provides necessary nutrients, and there's plenty of it.

Sorry, but I'm not going to feel bad about cows.

Good for you. I don't give a fuck.

perhaps you still don't get it

you

are insignificant

you can't change this

50,000 people

is still insignificant

50,000 people  can't change this

1,000,000 people

still insignificant try again

10,000,000?

your getting warmer you might have a shot over the next 150 years or so. not.

100,000,000?

Adviser: hmm it seems 1.42% of the global population don't eat meet sir. they want us to stop treating animals like meat.
CEO: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *hack**hach* *cough* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ah that was a good laugh

1,000,000,000?
Adviser: sir one 1/7 of the world population wan't us to change out ways
CEO: HAHA oh thats a good one. but 1/7 is pretty significant get the PR department on it.

woh woh you just started to make a difference! congratulations! you only had to convince 1 billion people not to eat meat while still using other animal by products but you did it!

do you get it now? this will NEVER change! grow up.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Subsonic_Noise

People said that about many things. Though many things changed. With that mindset we would  live in caves and bash our heads in with clubs. Congratulations, you're the archetype of a conserative.

tSwitch

Let me know when being a vegan gives me psychic powers, then I'll care.

Video Related

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

ForeverZer0

yeah, because thats what they were doing.
It took alot to convince them to stop doing that.
Now your just throwing logic out the window.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on January 16, 2011, 06:31:11 pm
yeah, because thats what they were doing.
It took alot to convince them to stop doing that.
Now your just throwing logic out the window.

*facepalm*
Ever heard of methaphors? You're completely missing the point.

The Niche

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 16, 2011, 06:22:13 pm
Please remember that a big percentage of the population was against rights for homosexuals, too. With time, things can change.

Vegans and homosexuals? Interesting.

Zero, I'm afraid that there is a basic fact of life which you are failing to realise. If logic isn't thrown out the window, if people don't go up against impossible odds and refuse to give up, then nothing EVER changes.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

tSwitch

What would happen if we discovered that vegetables had feelings too?

Ryex

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on January 16, 2011, 06:30:02 pm
People said that about many things. Though many things changed. With that mindset we would  live in caves and bash our heads in with clubs. Congratulations, you're the archetype of a conserative.

were talking about changing the fundamental concept of an omnivore eating meat, not social rights. two completely different things. you might as well try to convince people to stop procreating.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

tSwitch

DON'T MAKE BABIES THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM ALREADY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

ForeverZer0

@niche
Don't be stupid. Thats not what the discussion is about. Of course its not wrong to go against the odds. I mean, shit, Hitler did it didn't he?

I WILL ALWAYS EAT MEAT UNTIL THE DAY I DIE BECAUSE I, LIKE ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

Okay, the intelligence level of this debate started out medium, went up for the first 10 posts, then plummeted to negative five.  If anyone has an intelligent group of statements to say, go for it, otherwise topic will be locked.

Subsonic_Noise

Spoiler: ShowHide

So fuck you this topic was worthless.

(yes, lock it please)

ForeverZer0

i like meat.
i am right,

i got a word in after Sub

ha ha

winkio

Right, this is why debates don't work.  Because nobody tries debating, it's just one side trolling the other.

tSwitch

January 16, 2011, 06:49:41 pm #34 Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:50:45 pm by NAMKCOR
There's nothing wrong with being a Vegan, I'm just sick of the in-your-face "you're doing bad because you're perpetuating animal torture, we need to change the world for the better by not eating meat" bullshit.  It's directly claiming that everyone else is wrong, and it's just setting everything up for tons of shit.  

Don't eat meat if you don't want to, but don't act like you're some sort of white knight here to rescue animals from persecution by doing so.  Because you're not.

tl;dr - get over yourself, you're a vegan, nobody else cares.

Quote from: winkio on January 16, 2011, 06:48:46 pm
Right, this is why debates don't work.  Because nobody tries debating, it's just one side trolling the other.

Veganism isn't a good debate because the entire basis of Veganism is some sort of perceived moral high ground.  It's all bias and opinions and no real solid debate to be had.  This thread never belonged here in the first place.