ConceptArt for the StuartCommission

Started by Calintz, January 20, 2011, 08:19:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

My best friend since high school wanted me to design him a tattoo. The theme is a mythical bird guarding a shield. Later on in life I guess he plans to put the names of his family members and important people on that shield. This is concept1.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Starrodkirby86

Thunderbird...?

Looking good so far. If we're going for some realistic things here, I would try imagining the whole body, from head to toe talon, and then seeing if the object doesn't cover some lower parts of the body. Like, if the talons were actually under the object, or maybe even clenching some of the object, maybe it'd be a nicer sight than wondering what happened to the bird. Of course, that's a suggestion. The Thunderbird logo here doesn't do that. :p

The hair at the top reminds me of an Articuno with a nice hair groom. xD I don't know why!

Shield's nice. Are those lines supposed to denote where the names belong...?

I really enjoy it. Keep going, bro!~

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

The Niche

Yeah, that's what it reminds me of as well. SRK's right about the talons. What's the shield in the corner, design notes?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Calintz

Haha, yea. The shield in the corner will be the shield used in the final version of the work. I guess I can see your point about the talons; I guess I just felt like the back talon would be covered by the shield, (because the back wing is) and the front talon is too far down and is covered by the front wing. I will see what adjustments I can make. After all, this is the concept stage, ;).

And yes...the lines on the shield in the upper corner are slots that indicate where names can be placed.

Thanks for replying guys.
I LOL'd at Thunderbird. :).

Power Hungry Midget

The plot thickens......

I have a mind to join a club and then beat you over the head with it.
     -Groucho Marx
I often quote myself. I find it adds spice to the conversation.
     -George Bernard Shaw

http://xkcd.com/303

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.
    -Oscar Wilde