Opposing factions on Continuous Maps

Started by monkeydash, January 21, 2011, 01:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeydash

January 21, 2011, 01:19:56 pm Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:02:45 pm by monkeydash
Im using Blizz Continuous Maps with BlizzABS.

I have a map where there is a rat. Two maps over (connected) there is a guardsman on patrol.
They both have default detection range of 5 squares set, but for some reason the guard keeps running over two maps to kill the rat and then starts patrolling where he finishes up.

Firstly is there a way to stop this?
If the rat happened to wander over to him he can kill it, (that's what he is there for) but I dont want him going looking for it. I dont understand how he can see a rat 90 squares away with just a 5 square detection range. Hearing range is 40%. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Secondly, if he does wander off, is there a way to make him go back to where he is meant to be?

Anyone have any ideas?

monkeydash

Turns out (I think) that the guard has not run over two maps to get to where he ends up.
He is just placed there straight away for some reason.

I also have a problem that, if I kill the rat myself, its corpse appears elsewhere rather than the spot it died.

The Niche

You might be using an old version?This error used to occur a lot, but it seems to have been fixed in v2.0
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

monkeydash

January 31, 2011, 12:30:49 pm #3 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:41:42 pm by monkeydash
Ah yes. Thanks. I just checked it and Im using 1.2, which I got only recently from this site.
I'll have a look for an updated one.

EDIT:
I've had a search, and the only one on site is version 1.2.
Is version 2 anywhere?

The Niche

Version 1.2 is the latest. I thought I said v1.2, oops. I reccomend reinstalling the script, making sure you have the right script order.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!