Pen tablet

Started by Ryex, January 20, 2011, 10:04:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

QuoteSo igot this rewPertablit and it is Prettycool In getting used to it atthe moment that is whether sped this is getting but Hear as the_/,Sentence gone onT stone 149th the hang on wittily O

translation: So I got this new pen tablet and it is pretty cool, I'm getting used to it at the moment that is why the spelling is getting better at the sentence goes on, I'm getting the hang of writing on it.

in truth I don;t think I'll be using it for writing at all, drawing and navigation sure but I have a keyboard and years of typing skills and I intend to use them.
truthful the hardest thing about learning to use this thing is that the board maps it self to my entire screen. and while that is awesome I'm uses to picking up my mouse and moving it to get enough room to move.
I think when I draw things I'll be zooming in a lot so that my big strokes are the right size.

but thing is really awesome 4" x 5.5" with 1024 pressure levels for only $40 after tax
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Aqua

Nice deal... o-o

Wacom?

And the whole-screen mapping is sooo awesome

Ryex

January 20, 2011, 10:32:28 pm #2 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:34:21 pm by Ryex
nope Genius.
any ya it is awesome
and it is a wide screen same as my laptop so no strange stretching. this is awesome.
i"m slowly getting used to moving around the screen
and typing while holding a pen is a little strange but it dose seem to effect my speed :p

I think I'll use the pen for a while instead of my mouse top get used to it.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

January 21, 2011, 05:04:43 am #3 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:06:44 am by Blizzard
A friend of mine is going to buy a Wacom within the next 2 weeks. They are supposed to be significantly better and cheaper than Genius. He did quite some research before deciding which to buy. I hope you made the right choice. >.<
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

are you kidding? this this way half the price of the cheapest Wacom and the reviews were just as good. and now that I'v learn how to use it. I find that it is easier than a mouse for just about everything. now it is clearly not the best tablet but it works great. I've been doing some practice drawing in Photoshop and so far it works well.

it is a Genius Easy Pen i405, in case you want to look it up or tell your friend.

Blizzard

January 21, 2011, 05:28:41 am #5 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:52:32 pm by Blizzard
I'll send him a link to this thread and forward his answer.

EDIT: Ah, there we go. I misunderstood him. He did say that Genius was a lot cheaper and a lot better. He's going to buy a Genius, not a Wacom. My bad. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

lolz. now that I've been using it for a while. it;s like my hand know exactly where on the tablet to be to hit even small check boxes with out a moments thought. the novelty of using this thing hasn't worn off yet I suppose.

Starrodkirby86

Glad that you get to experience the power of tablets. :)

What's the exact model name, if you don't mind me asking?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

WhiteRose

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on January 23, 2011, 10:51:16 pm
Glad that you get to experience the power of tablets. :)

What's the exact model name, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote from: Ryex on January 21, 2011, 05:20:18 am
Genius Easy Pen i405