XNA Final Project Cover Art

Started by Xero, January 28, 2011, 05:46:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Xero

January 28, 2011, 05:46:31 pm Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:36:44 pm by Xero
Me and my friend (mostly my friend) used photoshop to create this cover art for my final XNA game project.
The game BTW was simple. Catch as many volleyballs as you can. Miss one and you lose 1 of 10 lives. Lose all lives and it's a game over!
Anyways, whatcha all think of its game cover?

Spoiler: ShowHide

This just looks to sick!

Starrodkirby86

The thing I notice immediately, aside from the fancy game-box style, would be the edges of the Volleyball and the Slime. Try lowering the tolerance levels of your Magic Wand, and maybe enable Anti Aliased if you haven't. If things don't go out your way there, use the Polygonal Lasso or Pen Tool to refine your selection.

Seems to have a lot of negative space overall. There's some empty space on the back to the left, and all the area in the front cover just makes it seem sparse...

But otherwise, cute. xDD :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Xero

LMFAO Yeah...well, you see, we kinda did this very last minute! Like you should've seen it. I had to hand it in at the end of the period and last ten minutes, I was doing finishing touches on it and writing the gameover method for my game at the same time D:

I managed to put the whole thing together with the disk, manual, and case with the cover art :)
I was called Kobe Bryant that day for being clutch xD

But yeah thanks for the tips man. I'll make sure to take note of those.
This just looks to sick!

tSwitch

It's...a bit boring, in all honesty.
You've got a Mac OSX default wallpaper in the background with an image of a Gundam character and poorly-cropped volleyballs and slime hemisphere.

I understand that you did it last minute, and it's good that you were able to pull it off, but it's still kinda drab and formless.
The text to the left of the human is too close, needs more empty space between his arm and it.
The text at the bottom of the box is unreadable.

</critique as if it was a final game box>

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Xero

Believe or not, it was actually the best game cover in the class xD
Totally aware of its terrible-ness D:
The template I found originally had an unreadable bottom so we couldn't really do anything with that.
Also, if you think this is bad, you should see my game manual :^_^':
This just looks to sick!