Bump Top - 3D Desktop

Started by Blizzard, January 31, 2011, 12:00:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 31, 2011, 12:00:59 pm Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:03:33 pm by Blizzard
I came across an interesting program today. It turns your desktop into a 3D environment and offers features that make it look, feel and work more like a real desktop. You can push stuff around the desktop, you can put stuff on a pile and you can even let the program create a pile of files and folders based on categories (e.g. putting all Word documents on one pile, putting all pictures on another one, etc.). You can also pin stuff on walls, throw stuff around the desktop (with simulated physics) and make icons large/smaller which also affects the physics. The program takes you through a simple tutorial right after you have installed it so don't worry that you will be overwhelmed. It also supports touch screens and has a nice number of themes you can easily preview and download.

http://www.techmynd.com/turn-your-desktop-into-a-real-3d-multi-touch-desktop/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

Sounds nice. I'm going to check it out once I get out of work. I've been looking for something to spice up my desktop a little bit. I'm too cheap to buy WindowBlinds.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

Lol! I used to use WindowBlinds while I was still on XP. I'm usually not into fancy stuff like this, but I do like this one. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

stripe103

Naa.. I tried it, and I'm sure it is nice for some time, but it is not for me. Though if I ever get a touch computer or something like it, I'm sure going to use this :D Too bad it isn't updated anymore though.