Multi-site awards ceremony

Started by mouse, February 07, 2011, 05:39:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mouse

I'm planning a multi-community awards ceremony.

A while back RMNET did the Misaos, which went ok, but they were biased towards RMNET and got most of the games from there as it was hosted on their forums and required people to register there.

What I am proposing is an automated system, not affiliated with or hosted on any of the RM* websites, which will feature as many RM sites as possible. I'm talking trying to get everybody possible out there to take part.

I can make and host the system, I've done it before with a one-site system and it went pretty well. All I need is interested websites to take part. From me you'd get a link to your site on the awards website, and the chance for your members to win. It would be a public vote. From you I expect a topic discussing the awards and a link to the awards and for you to encourage entry into them, should you accept.

This will be non-profit and not ad supported.

What do you think? An interesting prospect?

The awards would probably take place around June when game making picks up but could be any time really.

winkio

Hm, this sounds interesting.  This site has been feeling rather isolated from the rest of the RM community recently, maybe this will help reconnect us.

mouse

Cool, cool. I've asked a few sites to start off with, yes from HBGames, still waiting on a couple more. I figure it's best to get a couple of interested parties before asking *everybody*.

I think it could be good. It would give people something to attain to and get them making games more, since "I'm the best on my site" isn't as good as "I'm the best out of every site". :p

Blizzard

If there are no objections from the other stuff members (and I don't think there are), I'm for it. :)

As winkio said, we've been kinda isolated lately. That's probably because most of the skilled people here have moved on from plain RMXP scripting.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.