Dropbox: File Sharing Site (Great for Collaboration)

Started by Reno-s--Joker, February 08, 2011, 04:54:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reno-s--Joker

February 08, 2011, 04:54:29 am Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:20:53 am by Reno-s--Joker
Yeah, I know this is a really smooth first post after being inactive for so long.  :<_<:
Nevertheless, onwards!

begin BLATANT ADVERTISEMENT
Are you looking for a simple file sharing solution? Sick of uploading files only to have them wiped due to inactivity? Sick of popup ads on MediaFire and wherever else you store your stuff?
Then look no further! Allow me to suggest .............

(*n00b alert*) It uses clouds to store your files. Or something.

I was eager to share this site, for a number of reasons.
1. Because I get 250MB extra storage for each referral until I hit 8GB.  :evil:
2. Because you get extra storage for clicking my link, so we're a happy family.  :haha:
3. It's really great for working on projects (*coughRPGMakerXPcough*) which require collaboration. Basically, you can sync the project folder to each of your team's computers, and work on it like a normal folder. You'll get pop-up notifications on your desktop as files are updated by others, people post comments, etc. Read the site info for a better explanation. Me no speake gud Ingleesh. They have prettier pictures too.
4. You get 2GB of storage free when you sign up. That's usually plenty for a project folder. But you can actually earn extra storage. As opposed to most sites which just demand you to pay $99.95 each second. C'mon, we're all poor students.
5. It's clean, pro-looking and ad-free. The support seems good and they seem to listen to users' suggestions for new features.

:naughty: Like it?????  :naughty:
Click this link to get started.
http://db.tt/K8iUFK3
Remember, both of us will get 250MB additional storage. ;)

Once I hit the earned storage limit, I'll take this link down and will be more than happy to put up someone else' referral link instead.

By the way, hello again everyone! :)

EDIT: Can't have bad grammergh now, can we. Nor have enough of the horizontal rules.

Blizzard

Eh, I just decided a few days ago to create myself a proper Dropbox account. If you had been here a few days earlier, we could have both gotten 250 MB extra. xD
Luckily I don't really need the extra space. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Wait, does this mean that you are back, and that you are working on a RMXP project?

Also, downloaded and account created :)

Kagutsuchi

I'm in :) Useful for sharing files on my computer and my laptop that I bring to classes.

The Niche

Dammit, why can't I get that 250mb? Just because I already have an account -.-
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Reno-s--Joker

@winkio: Yah .... on and off though (it's still the same old project that I never finished). My semester starts super soon so I can't say I'm back really. ;_; (Thanks!)

@Kagutsuchi: Cheers bro! Enjoy!

@The Niche: I'll replace my referral link with yours later? ^_^

Spaceman McConaughey

The Niche

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

tSwitch

I don't know why more people don't use this.
I've been on it for a while now.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

I've known about it for over a year, but only a few days ago I really started to be able to make proper use of it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Reno-s--Joker

@Tuggernuts: Cheers! :D

I only joined recently, but from what I can see they rely (maybe completely?) on their referral system as opposed to advertising. It's slow, but I think it's quite clever. I'm not sure how much it costs to advertise on the internet, but it's probably comparable to the amount of income they'd get from an equivalent number paid users.

Blizzard

Reno-s--Joker

Lol!! Nice -- it took me a while to notice because of that massive, red, depressing message above it >.>;;

Blizzard

Juan registered with my link and I got another 250 MB. >:3

Reno-s--Joker

Game on. 
:naughty:

Lol you changed your sig :P. It's still somewhat depressing because it stands out a lot from my toxic CP theme ._.

Blizzard

I am blatantly copying your first post and making a new topic. :3