(Resolved) NPC Eventing

Started by DeXuS, January 10, 2011, 09:11:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverShadow737

Does the event turn on any switches that trigger an autorun before the conditional branch?
Is the event autorun?
It sounds basically like you activated a blank autorun event.
Ginyu Force Rules

DeXuS

January 13, 2011, 03:17:00 pm #21 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:20:09 pm by DeXuS
No, it was not blank, and it is a 'show choices' option.  The yes works fine.  The no (with only a message) is what crashes.
I am just thinking about loosing the 'are you ready' option... 

SilverShadow737

The only way I could possibly figure this out is with pictures.

Did you activate any switches at all before the show choices branch?
Ginyu Force Rules

DeXuS

Spent the last week doing and re-doing this same thing over...  and over... AND over...
Well the pratice helps.  finally got it going in a decent direction.  He now stops where he is susposed to...  but even switching to a new page in the event, it does not follow through with the people (Party) following him correctly... (they are on the same path using the same commands other than a 1 seccond delay in the action)  and they always seem to be in a diffrent spot half the time.) Is it NOT helping that I am testing this event by putting party start position in the event?  Could the previous page of events that initalised this event not being active be messing it up?  Any tips on THAT would be appreciated. 

And I am on a 56k connection with lousy service.  Getting any screenshots would be difficult if at all possible since netzero keeps falling off-line every time the wind blows.  Still waiting on a ride to the library so I can use thier internet to upload pictures.

Makeshift

is repeat action on thats the only thing i can think of try at after the move putting a self switch on and and making the move countinue thats the only thing i could think of

DeXuS

No.  I have not yet found a use for repeat so I have never used it.  :wacko: 
Can you point me to any tutorials for doing long npc eventing properly?  I seem to be able to manage simple short "move to an object" type events, but to make longer, complex events that act semi normal is obviously beyond my grasp.

SilverShadow737

February 07, 2011, 03:45:11 pm #26 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:48:11 pm by SilverShadow737
Did you make sure to put wait for moves completion before starting a new move route or something that may interrupt the move?

You don't need to put it after events if they are all different moving in tandem, just put it at the end of the list, and the game should wait for the time it takes for the largest move route to complete.

Also try putting through on for the moving events, so if there's any clipping they won't just explode.
Ginyu Force Rules

DeXuS

February 08, 2011, 02:19:13 am #27 Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:21:04 am by DeXuS
Quote from: SilverShadow737 on February 07, 2011, 03:45:11 pm
Did you make sure to put wait for moves completion before starting a new move route or something that may interrupt the move?

SilverShadow, I could hug you right about now.  But i'm going to wait till you least expect it.  :ninja: