[XP] Blizz ABS Enemy HP Meter

Started by LiTTleDRAgo, February 12, 2011, 09:37:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

February 14, 2011, 12:39:08 am #20 Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:46:00 am by LiTTleDRAgo
it seems imageshack corrupting the image (the size didn't match), I'll upload it later as winrar

about the second problem, you can just do it like this

Spoiler: ShowHide

edit :

image reuploaded : http://www.mediafire.com/?uvyryxqjep84jzw

Taiine

I don't think you grasp the issue I'm having with the enemy bars.

Regardless if I set enemy switch to OFF or not. Once the boss is killed and it's switch is turned off to remove the boss bar, the enemy bar pops up at 0 hp in the corner then fades away.

I can have the enemy switch off by default so no enemy shows it. Go after a boss, kill it, turn off boss bar, and the enemy bar pops up then fades away.

It does this is the demo I sent. Even the first screen shot I showed, had the enemy bars switch OFF for the whole thing. but it still popped up once the boss bar was turned off.

LiTTleDRAgo

Taiine

Alright, that works nice, though I can still see the enemy bar pop up just before the flash to white. Oh well... By the way can you add an option to turn off the shaking of the boss bar when you land a hit? It looks odd that the number and the boss name stay still while the rest shakes.

I hope you plan on doing some sort of HUD as well in this style. This is just looking so kicken!

LiTTleDRAgo

added an option to turn shakes on / off

Quote from: Taiine on February 16, 2011, 02:51:28 pm
I hope you plan on doing some sort of HUD as well in this style. This is just looking so kicken!

I already do that, but I don't want to post it, at least not now, sorry

Taiine

Aww.. I hope it's some time in the near future. These are fare to good to with hold!

elmangakac

Rose Guardian

This seems to work good for me so far, I just wanted to point out it doesn't seem to be compatiable with Blizz's Beastiary with plug in for Blizz ABS.

Shalaren

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on February 13, 2011, 05:34:34 am
I can't imagine xas having a feature that blizz abs doesn't have anymore.

couldnt ignore it o:
try XAS, and your imagination will explode!
but then again XAS doesnt have some of the features blizz-abs hasd, like hotkey and caterpiller.

Blizzard

Actually Blizz-ABS has all features that XAS has except for a few very minor things. They were not implemented because there kind of is no point since it can be done by combining 2 or 3 other Blizz-ABS features.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

that is not entirely true. I could list alot of things we cant do in blizz-abs,
but these things are being covered up slowly as people keep on releasing more add-ons.
so, I Kinda agree with you?

G_G

Quote from: shalaren metropolis on February 27, 2011, 04:25:50 am
that is not entirely true. I could list alot of things we cant do in blizz-abs,
but these things are being covered up slowly as people keep on releasing more add-ons.
so, I Kinda agree with you?

Go ahead....go right...ahead.

Blizzard

Yes, please go ahead. I'd like to see that list. If Blizz-ABS is missing some vital features (VITAL features), I'm sure that winkio will implement them.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQwViGmy8Ao&feature=player_embedded#at=18
0:33 look at the way he uses the battler as a boss,
1:45, the boss teleports around closer to the character
other way to look at it the bossing system is incredible. how skills work.
you can pick up objects and throw them at enemies and inflict demage.
Throwing these objects on switches to make an event switch turn on, moving the object away, the switch turns off.
it has a Multi demage display feature but it only works with XAS >:, (if you remmeber what that is)
1:01 thats a skill, not just a combo, all the combats hes doing at the white screen is one skill. i guess you could do that witht he combo system, but its very hard to S:.
and plus something that i guess someone is working on for blizz abs right now (at least I hope)
is animation while charge.

Blizzard

February 27, 2011, 07:01:04 am #34 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:14:30 am by Blizzard
Quote from: shalaren metropolis on February 27, 2011, 05:11:59 am
0:33 look at the way he uses the battler as a boss,

You mean besides the way that it looks like crap? Why don't you simply use an idle sprite animation in Blizz-ABS? Way to complicate things in XAS.

1:45, the boss teleports around closer to the character

It never occured to you to just use an event in Blizz-ABS and teleport the enemy around? Wow.

other way to look at it the bossing system is incredible.

You mean putting an event on the map, running some music and closing off the path? You don't even need Blizz-ABS or XAS to make something like this. :facepalm:

how skills work.

But... that's just a bunch of fancy database animations.

you can pick up objects and throw them at enemies and inflict demage.
Throwing these objects on switches to make an event switch turn on, moving the object away, the switch turns off.

winkio already said that he's going to add throwing stuff.

it has a Multi demage display feature but it only works with XAS >:, (if you remmeber what that is)

I already said that NAMK has a "Cluster Damage" plugin. I'm sure that if you asked him, he'd give it to you.

1:01 thats a skill, not just a combo, all the combats hes doing at the white screen is one skill. i guess you could do that witht he combo system, but its very hard to S:.

And it looks stupid. It interrupts the gameflow as such. Wait, you mean people actually USE this? Wow.

and plus something that i guess someone is working on for blizz abs right now (at least I hope)
is animation while charge.

Quote from: ManualVersion 2.2

• Fixed crash bug with returning items using returning projectile weapons.

• Fixed crash bug when allies use Chaos Drives.

• Fixed crash bugs when using Battleflow Commands.

• Fixed bug that appeared when a defending ally died.

• Added Forced Action Commands to force actors and enemies to actions.

• Added Battleflow Conditions.

• Added Actor Idle Sprites and Enemy Idle Sprites.

• Added Actor Item Sprites.

• Added Actor Charge Sprites, Actor Weapon Charge Sprites, Actor Skill Charge Sprites, Actor Item Charge Sprites, Enemy Charge Sprites and Enemy Skill Charge Sprites

• Added Sneak on Charge.

• Added custom frame timing for sprite animations for weapons, skills, items and enemies.

• Added custom frame timing for charging sprites for weapons, skills, items and enemies.

• Improved the way enemies perceive their environment.

• Improved the way the damage display works. Now it is more bugfree and lags less.

Since version 2.2. Version 2.2 was released over 2 years ago.

EDIT: winkio was right.

Quote from: winkio on September 24, 2010, 06:38:49 pm
The short sweet explanation:

XAS is a cheap whore that dresses up nice, but is scarred and ugly, and fills you with regret.

Blizz-ABS is like that high class call girl that is a bit intimidating at first, but then gives you undeniable pleasure every time you use it.  Hell, she even does threesomes.

The biggest difference here is that the initial (and very slim) XAS was made by a programmer and afterwards it was developed by a graphics designed. Blizz-ABS was made by 2 professional programmers, people who actually earn money with programming. That is also the reason why XAS still has many bugs there will never be fixed because Moghunter keeps adding graphical features to XAS (which have started to repeat itself) instead of fixing it so it works. I'm not saying that Blizz-ABS has no bugs, but it has far less bugs than XAS from what people told me.

In any case, use what you want, it's your choice. I'd rather hit the attractive high class girl.

AliveDrive

The mighty Blizz has spoken. This ain't no democracy.  :V:
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

G_G

With forced actions and DOING SOME WORK THAT *HOLY SHIT* MAY SEEM HARD you could recreate that same boss affect. Nobody said developing a game would be easy.

Now I'd gladly recreate it but I don't need to prove anything to you or to XAS. Now RoseSkye puts XAS to shame with all of his awesome RMXP videos that use Blizz-ABS.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LovelesEntertainment

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: shalaren metropolis on February 26, 2011, 04:37:15 pm
Quote from: Kagutsuchi on February 13, 2011, 05:34:34 am
I can't imagine xas having a feature that blizz abs doesn't have anymore.

couldnt ignore it o:
try XAS, and your imagination will explode!
but then again XAS doesnt have some of the features blizz-abs hasd, like hotkey and caterpiller.

XAS didn't have ally system, custom control, netplay/RMXOS
hotkey is already exist
but the configuration is advanced, nice graphic, flashy demo, realistic environment

Blizz ABS have most of XAS feature, even the ally system that XAS didn't have
but the configuration is too simple, I can't make the skill, enemies, boss, etc like in my imagination
(I read the manual several times and didn't get an answer I need, probably the next version Blizz ABS will satisfy me)

well, I'm trying to convert all XAS feature to Blizz ABS

Blizzard

Most of XAS graphical "features" aren't even native XAS features. They are Mog's HUD scripts or stuff like that which you can use with Blizz-ABS as well. You can almost take out the script and add it into a Blizz-ABS project and it will work just fine.