Blizz abs "Buffs" PLUS = chain skills

Started by Shalaren, February 21, 2011, 01:42:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

February 21, 2011, 01:42:53 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:17:57 pm by shalaren metropolis
well I know i can simply do it with the "states" system in rmxp. but i need buffs like
Increase range of certain shooting skills, or increase the speed.

example is, while being on a "speed up" state the projectile speed of skill ID"1,2,3" will increase by 1 and penalti will be decreased by 3.
and while on "Aiming" state the range of skill ID"1,2,3" will be increased by 2

PLUS
chain skills, whats that?
lets say there are certain skills that can be used only between 0-120 frames of when u used a chosen skill
for example i have a skill called "fire Blow" but I will be only able to use it after i used "Fire slash", if it took me more then 120 frames to use "fire Blow" then I wont be able to use it until i use "fire slash" again.
thats one part of it, another part is that you dont have to hotkey the "fire blow" it can be activated by clicking the "fire slash"'s key

(hotkey 1: clicking 1 "fire slash" is activated, clicking 1 again before past 120 frams "fire blow" is activated)
ps. the second skill must be learned, plus a chain skill can go up to 6 skills evem. doesnt have to be only 2

Blizzard

Chain Skills? *points to Blizz-ABS Combos*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

oh trust me i tried, it is nothing like what Im looking for, i cant find the combo system usfull at all.

Blizzard

But what you described is exactly one of the things the combo system is supposed to do.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

read it over again, im pretty sure you cant aplly time to be used (120 frams) and skills that can be used unless activating the chain, i spent alot on trying to figure out the combo system but nothing usfull came out of it, also ive never seen anyone actually use it in their game so i couldnt see it in action, maybe you are right, and I just dont know what is the combo system capable of,
if the combo system can really make the "chain skill" can you please tell me how? what commands to use?

Blizzard

It's the simplest thing to do. I haven't used the system myself, but all you have to do is create an input period of 120 frames and let it trigger the second skill if during the input period the second button was pressed. It should be 4 commands or so in the config app. Use skill 1, open input window (or however winkio called it) for 120 frames, if input was successful, execute skill 2.

Shalaren

ok so first I put the skill?
:> Skill: 001: Double Strike

it has
QuoteID:
key1
key2
key3
Trigger
Time

idk whats on the ID one o-o
on key1 i put "skill"
rest keys left "none"
Trigger I choose "pressed"
and time "120"

so whats id?

anyway then
:> Skill: 001: Double Strike
:> ID 1:keys[skill] pressed for 120 frames

what then exactly? put conditon? and if so? what do I do with it? it is pretty much complicated, doesnt explain it even in the manual. :S

winkio

Here's an example from a different topic.  It just checks to see if the skill key is held down for the first 5 frames before going on to the next action

Quote from: winkio on January 30, 2011, 11:40:01 am
This is what it should look like:

Action 1:
Input: ID 0: Keys[Skill] Held for 5 frames
Condition: Input Window Variable 0 == Constant Variable true
Goto Action: ID 2
Abort combo

For your case, use something like this:
Action 1:
Use Skill: ID 35
Input: ID 0: Keys[Skill] Pressed for 120 frames
Condition: Input Window Variable 0 == Constant Variable true
Goto Action: ID 2

Action 2:
Use Skill: ID 36

Assuming that fire slash was skill # 35 and fire blow was skill # 36.  Change those values as needed

Shalaren

i did thta exactly, and it gives me an error,
something wrong with this line
                  [COMCondition, VARInput, , '==', VARConstant, ],

winkio

you need to put the 0 and true in.  In the config app, when you select the Condition command, put 0 in for the Value on top and true in for the Value underneath.

Shalaren

i keep using the same hot key and i can surely tell you it keeps on using the skill on action 1, but it wont do the skill on action 2.

winkio

if you set it to skill button, then you need to press J or whatever you have the skill button set as.

Shalaren

yeah thats the thing, im using the direct hotkey..

winkio

You realize you don't have to use the same key to combo?  You can do it with the Y and P keys for all Blizz-ABS cares.

Shalaren

alright i guess i can figure out the key part easily alone, but something else is up, i use the recharge system too.
so besically it wont let me put a cool down on the skills that are set to be combo's S:
because the fire slash is suppose ot have 10 sec cool down, but with the combo system it lets it be used without cool down S: bleh!