[RESOLVED] FFX Style Leveling ~ problem

Started by Mixxth, February 23, 2011, 01:56:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixxth

February 23, 2011, 01:56:52 pm Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:36:23 pm by Mixxth
I'm making an evented level up system that uses the ffx idea, nodes that you activate via points earned in the game, with various sections on a map IE strength, magic, summons ect, thing is I don't know how to make it so the player can choose which character gets what, say I have 3 characters in my party, C1,C2,C3 and I want C1 be strength, C2 be magic, C3 be summons how would I do that any ideas?

I was thinking the leader gets locked into an area you pick via switch / party leader when started, but I have no idea how to make the event check whos party leader! any ideas are welcome.

*Edit* Don't know if this has ever happened to you guys before but after hours of trying to solve my problem after the post.. >.< I finally perfected a ffx event leveling system woot woot!!
Donald Knuth: "I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the fonts on the menu. Five minutes later I realize that it's also talking about food."