Issue with player move route

Started by tech williams, February 24, 2011, 12:56:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tech williams

I don't mess with scripts so I doubt thats the reason Im having these issues, but when I set a move route for the player they only do one and then stop. Its annoying to have to chop it up with wait for move completion in order to get this done, anyone know why this is happening?
How is it ninjas exist when they were meant to be silent killers? Shouldn't they be unknown?<br /><br />Hay you...Check out my deviant art.<br />Click here

AliveDrive

you could try setting them to through temporarily, just make sure you unset them and dont have them walk through walls...or maybe do lol ;)
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

tech williams

Quote from: AliveDrive on February 24, 2011, 09:35:54 pm
you could try setting them to through temporarily, just make sure you unset them and dont have them walk through walls...or maybe do lol ;)

Doesn't work. If I cut threw on that will be the one move I use. (Found that out because all ot the events that used threw when it worked had mw walking threw everything instead of finishing the event.)
How is it ninjas exist when they were meant to be silent killers? Shouldn't they be unknown?<br /><br />Hay you...Check out my deviant art.<br />Click here

ForeverZer0

Does your event have a "Wait for Move's Completion" command in it?

This command can be buggy, since it does not solely apply to the event that it is in. If any move route in any other event on the map is moving, execution will not continue.

Zeriab wrote a script that could let you use a scripted command that allows for you to set which event's move it was waiting for. I can't remember the name of the script. It may have just been an added feature to his Interpreter fix script though I can't say for certain. Been a while since I looked through it.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

tech williams

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on February 24, 2011, 10:05:59 pm
Does your event have a "Wait for Move's Completion" command in it?

This command can be buggy, since it does not solely apply to the event that it is in. If any move route in any other event on the map is moving, execution will not continue.

Zeriab wrote a script that could let you use a scripted command that allows for you to set which event's move it was waiting for. I can't remember the name of the script. It may have just been an added feature to his Interpreter fix script though I can't say for certain. Been a while since I looked through it.

Thats not it, Im on a map that has no other events yet

ForeverZer0

A screenshot of your event's page might help.
Although you said you don't mess with the scripts, I also just want to confirm that there ar NO edits to them.
I would also like to confirm that you can create a new project, and on an empty map with this event being the only one, it still does this.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.