Seperate Save menu button

Started by chaucer, February 24, 2011, 02:09:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chaucer

can anyone help me with seperating the save button from the cancel button? is it possible? O_o if so itd be great to have this :) thanks i dont know if anyones already done this but i hope its possible   :^_^':

Spaceman McConaughey

I do not understand what you mean at all. Elaborate more, please?

chaucer

mmk so ive noticed in RMXP the cancel button is always the same as the menu button i dont know if this makes sense :P but id like to seperate the two functions so the menu can have its own button and cancel can as well ive checked blizz abs and didnt find a way to set the menu key seperate from the cancel (i guess its the B button?)

Spaceman McConaughey

Well, I am sure someone will help you if they wish. It cannot be me, though, because I lack scripting skills.

SBR*

Hmmm... So you want the Menu button to be seperated from the cancel button? Why would you want to do that?

Install Tons of Add-ons by Blizzard. Then go to your Scene_Map script and press CTRL+F. Now look for:
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)

and replace it with
if Input.trigger?(Input::Key['YOUR_KEY_HERE'])

This should work. However, I don't know if message windows are affected by pressing B. If that's the case, you would need something a little bit more complicated (not complicated at all, just a little bit more :D).

I haven't tested this/looked at the Scene_Map script in a while, so I hope it works :D.

chaucer

well i wanted this for 2 different reasons (idk if any of you are like me) sometimes when im testin/playin a game when choices come up an i wanna get out of it i tend press the b button several times  :haha: and i end up in the menu which kinda gets annoying also i notice in most rpgs the cancel button is seperate from the menu button also i was thinking of this cause i wanted to set dash to the B button and have the menu as something else lol idk if that makes much sense thanks for the responses guys im not very good with scripting but ill try your suggestions SBR tyvm :) maybe itll give me what i want ^_^

SBR*

Quote from: chaucer on February 24, 2011, 05:56:39 pm
well i wanted this for 2 different reasons (idk if any of you are like me) sometimes when im testin/playin a game when choices come up an i wanna get out of it i tend press the b button several times  :haha: and i end up in the menu which kinda gets annoying also i notice in most rpgs the cancel button is seperate from the menu button also i was thinking of this cause i wanted to set dash to the B button and have the menu as something else lol idk if that makes much sense thanks for the responses guys im not very good with scripting but ill try your suggestions SBR tyvm :) maybe itll give me what i want ^_^

Wow, ever heard of punctation :D?

Anyway, I actually read all the text in games, so I'm not really like you :D. But putting the Dash Button on esc (= B), wow, why would you ever want to do that? For me, esc. is miles away from WASD or the directional keys.

chaucer

LOL PNCTUATION LMAO whats that o_o :???: on my games i always have the menu/cancel button close to the other buttons i was thinking of secret of mana games lol cause in 1 and 2 the dash button is the cancel button but i guess i can do w/o this im not much of a scripter so idk if its possible anyway it dont really matter i guess its not like its that important

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: SBR* on February 25, 2011, 04:44:15 am
Quote from: chaucer on February 24, 2011, 05:56:39 pm

Wow, ever heard of punctation :D?

Anyway, I actually read all the text in games, so I'm not really like you :D. But putting the Dash Button on esc (= B), wow, why would you ever want to do that? For me, esc. is miles away from WASD or the directional keys.

Nobody gives a fuck what you do with your game. This is a topic about a problem in his game. :P

By the way, to make your use of smilies correct:
I'm SBR*, hi! :D  <-- Correct
I'm SBR*, hi :D! <-- Wrong

Doing it how you do fucks with your grammar, so do not judge other people on theirs. :P