Elemental blobs

Started by Karltheking4, February 24, 2011, 04:20:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Karltheking4

February 24, 2011, 04:20:52 pm Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:23:29 pm by Karltheking4
Yay, elemental blob thingies! :D
Perfect if you want to make a game with certain elements, and want to have weak little blobs of certain elements running round for you player to fight ^_^

elemental blobs: ShowHide

Dark blob

Neutral/light blob

Plant blob

Water blob

Fire blob
(this one doesn't look right...)

And more, just as soon as I make them.

(I made them, help yourself to use/edit them, just credit me, mm kay? ;) )

Critism and advice is appreciated  :)

Kagutsuchi

Haha! They look really nice.

Reno-s--Joker

Lol ... they're really cute.
If you made the fire one from scratch, I think that is a pretty good effort.
^_^

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 24, 2011, 06:28:52 pm
Lol ... they're really cute.
If you made the fire one from scratch, I think that is a pretty good effort.
^_^

And mothers always call their ugly children cute to make them feel better.
And I am saying, that these are not too great at all. The shading is bad, and the shape is poor. And the fire one is the worst out of all of them, in my opinion.
Give them a better shape, and shade them better and they'll be good.

Karltheking4

Mm kay then,  I'm still fairly bad at making sprites, and criticism is need, so thankyou.
So, what do you mean by fixing shape? Taller, shorter, fatter, skinnier? I thought they were a fairly good shape, and just the movement was in need of improvement. And yes, my shading is poor, what would you have me do to improve it? Just lighter and less visible? The movement needs a bit of work, (which is what I'm looking to improve at the moment).
And yes, the fire one is fairly horrid, but I just put it up there for the moment for someone to tell me how to make it look better ( :P )

Also, just for the record, Reno-s--Joker is not my blobs mother, they were raised by wolves. :P

DeXuS

I think what he means by shapes is that on the walk sprites, they seem to develop flat spots.  Round them out.  They are blobs after all.

Other than that...  I think it is a nice step in practice and someone may find them useful.
But the water blob looks a lot like something from Dragon Quest...  >.>