[XP] Resource Tester

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:10:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

Quote from: Blizzard on January 17, 2011, 09:27:58 am
Have you even tried the latest version of Blizz-ABS before you said that?

Yeah, I tried it the day before I posted it. Why is the weapon graphic and the actor graphic seperate?
You should combine them. :haha:
I was working on the game called The Orion.
It would be nice if you can join our small community by sharing a little by little scripts/ideas at The Orion Forum

I am: RPG Maker XP Scripter
Project Working On: The Orion MMORPG Game, visit The Orion Forum for more information!
Visit my: Deviantart

LEVEL ME UP OR ELSE LEVEL ME DOWN, IT'S EASY! XD

The Niche

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Storm

Quote from: The Niche on January 17, 2011, 06:33:44 pm
Offtopic?

Nah... answered Blizz's question..

Hey game_guy, you should inprove this thing so it can generate animation script for us.
(e.g. Moving Sprite.new thingy)
It would be nice if you can join our small community by sharing a little by little scripts/ideas at The Orion Forum

Project Working On: The Orion MMORPG Game, visit The Orion Forum for more information!

Blizzard

January 18, 2011, 03:39:29 am #23 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:41:16 am by Blizzard
Quote from: Storm on January 17, 2011, 06:26:22 pm

Yeah, I tried it the day before I posted it. Why is the weapon graphic and the actor graphic seperate?

No. This way you need only one graphic for each weapon and one graphic for every actor. Otherwise you would need one graphic for every combination of an actor and a weapon. With 10 actors and 100 weapons that would mean 110 graphics in Blizz-ABS or 1000 graphics in XAS. It's obvious which way is better.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Storm

Quote from: Blizzard on January 18, 2011, 03:39:29 am
Quote from: Storm on January 17, 2011, 06:26:22 pm

No. This way you need only one graphic for each weapon and one graphic for every actor. Otherwise you would need one graphic for every combination of an actor and a weapon. With 10 actors and 100 weapons that would mean 110 graphics in Blizz-ABS or 1000 graphics in XAS. It's obvious which way is better.

Yeah.. XD
Anyway, what will happen if the character size is not the same?

Blizzard

Blizz-ABS takes care of that automatically. All you have to do is to make sure that the weapon is centered properly within the frames. Blizz-ABS will apply any weapon to any character properly as long as their positions are right. You can use a huge character sprite and a small weapon sprite or vice versa and Blizz-ABS will still work properly.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Storm

Quote from: Blizzard on January 18, 2011, 04:54:15 am
Blizz-ABS takes care of that automatically. All you have to do is to make sure that the weapon is centered properly within the frames. Blizz-ABS will apply any weapon to any character properly as long as their positions are right. You can use a huge character sprite and a small weapon sprite or vice versa and Blizz-ABS will still work properly.

Thanks Blizzard! :haha:
If I want to use graphics from XAS I need to extract them right?

Blizzard

If you mean the weapon graphics from the actor graphics, then yes.

LiTTleDRAgo

I got the script is hanging error with this script, I placed the script in above all script and followed the correct order but everytime I played the game it give me that error

G_G

Thats probably due to the graphics not being updated. Blizz, you might need to include Graphics.update in a few places.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: LiTTleDRAgo on March 01, 2011, 08:20:07 pm
I got the script is hanging error with this script, I placed the script in above all script and followed the correct order but everytime I played the game it give me that error

As GG said, if the Graphics.update is not called at least once every 10 (I think) seconds the game will crash itself. This is actually an intended built in feature to prevent the application from freezing and being unresponsive, forcing you to end the process manually with Task Manager. During long iterations, such as through an entire games resources, each pixel in a large bitmap, etc, the Graphics.update is not being called. This increases the speed of the program, but can sometimes cause this error. It may even help to make sure that your CPU is not being taxed by another program when running this. The faster it can go, the less likely the error. Or you can add some Graphics.update nested in the enumerations. This will slow the speed down slightly, but it only takes a few seconds anyway (depending), what's a few more. It's not like it is being used everytime the game is ran, or at least it shouldn't be.  :???:
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

It's 8 seconds.
I have added Graphics.update at a few places. Try adding it at some more (possibly inside loops). Keep in mind that this will slow down the process significantly. Pretty much what F0 already said.