Chaos Project expanding

Started by Blizzard, February 25, 2011, 10:01:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I have noticed that a lot of people are leaving RMXP and going for better tools, languages, etc. I think it is time that CP expanded to general game development as well. I was thinking about creating another category similar to the RPG Maker XP which would feature similar subforums (General Discussion, Projects, Resources, etc.). I could write loads of text about this, but I don't have to. It's as simple as that.

Does anybody have any objections?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

AliveDrive

I came across a game made with Game Maker.

It was really well done so I decided to try GM out... I suck  :haha:

This was the game I found. http://www.gamemakergames.com/archive/elu-undersea

But no I don't have objections. I want to expand my own abilities. If every site were as informative and helpful as CP is for RMXP...well it would be awesome ^.^
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

ForeverZer0

Quote from: winkio on February 25, 2011, 10:25:32 am
About damn time.

QFT

Although I have all but stopped using RMXP, I still like to discuss and see what others are doing, and be involved in the community. I would love to see expansion to some of the Non-Ruby boards, though. Perhaps a dedicated boards for XNA, C#, C++, etc., without them all being clumped into a single unorganized category. It would also likely help to expand interest  to existing members, as well as bring new ones in. I am a member to multiple forums for such C#, etc, but it would be nice to have "one-stop-shopping" here at CP, as well as get advice from members that I know, in a community that I already feel a a part of.  ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Aqua

winkio

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on February 25, 2011, 12:11:17 pm
Although I have all but stopped using RMXP, I still like to discuss and see what others are doing, and be involved in the community. I would love to see expansion to some of the Non-Ruby boards, though. Perhaps a dedicated boards for XNA, C#, C++, etc., without them all being clumped into a single unorganized category. It would also likely help to expand interest  to existing members, as well as bring new ones in. I am a member to multiple forums for such C#, etc, but it would be nice to have "one-stop-shopping" here at CP, as well as get advice from members that I know, in a community that I already feel a a part of.  ;)

Nah, I think it would be better to start with one general board, and then make new subforums in each of the sections as needed (ex. Tutorials->(C# Tutorials, Java Tutorials, UDK Tutorials, etc.)

Blizzard

February 25, 2011, 02:14:04 pm #6 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:14:23 pm by Blizzard
What winkio said.

Also LMAO:

Quote from: winkio on February 25, 2011, 10:25:32 am
About damn time.

I'll get to it right after I have set up my project to compile my new libgamesys support library and after I have moved the tested the edited ProfileManager and Profile classes which were originally part of the general game engine. #_#

EDIT: YES! IT'S ALIVE! >:D

EDIT: winkio, what do you think about spreading all "C++ / C# Development" topics across the new sections (discussion and projects mainly)?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I certainly don't have a problem with it
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Either way it's too late, lol! I have already made the sections, moved all "C++ / C# Development" topics and I just finished going through "Programming / Scripting / Web" and moving some topics. xD

SBR*

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

WhiteRose

I only skimmed the topic (I'm trying to catch up here) but, for the record, I think this is a great idea.