Stealth Event System

Started by AliveDrive, February 25, 2011, 10:02:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

Stealth Event System
Version: 1.0
Type: Gameplay

Introduction

This is a stealth event system. It is stealth not in the sense that you have to crawl, but instead must stay out of enemies "view". This is the first working version and I need some feedback to improve it. Tell me anything you'd like to see implemented and I'll do my best.

Features

• Enemies can "see" 5 tiles in the direction they are looking.
  • If they see you, they will begin chasing you.
  • If they catch you, they will engage you in battle.
  • Enemies are not in very good shape and will give up chasing you 100 frames after you leave their range.

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?3qrz31v28a0f5am

Instructions

I made this for you! Completely scriptless!
Using 0 lines of code, 1 common event, 4 switches, 6 variables, and a partridge in a pear tree!
Everything is unencrypted so feel to peek inside the database at how it was done.
I'd appreciate if anyone with the know how took a look inside and maybe shared their thoughts on how to improve this.
Notes: I'm aware that it's a bit buggy. For instance, the enemy has tunnel vision... :/ I'm not sure how to improve on this. Also, running into the enemy against all logic will not engage battle. You must do everything on his (and the engine's) terms. Like my ex. ^.^

Credits and Thanks

• Alivedrive

Author's Notes

Thanks!
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.