General requests.

Started by Shalaren, February 25, 2011, 11:30:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

February 25, 2011, 11:30:19 am Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 02:42:25 pm by shalaren metropolis
Ok so I noticed a lot of script requests that people didn't really understand therefore couldn't really help, now I know that someone isn't just going to get up and script everything, so I made this post for a list of scripts and a full explanation with pictures if needed, and so if you happen to know of an existing script like that, please refer us to the link? :] and if you happen to be a scripter and might be able to script such a... script (lol) please go for it? You are going to get full credit for it anyway and it's published for public, just like it is when you make any other script and publish it in CP.

NOTE: these are not all S: i got tired digging into the pages, alot of requests repeat them selves, ill edit this post soon.

So let's start with Blizz-ABS
First, these are the easy ones to understand without explaining,
- Animation while charge
- Blizz abs HUD creator
- ill put more later on

1) Multiple damage display
Spoiler: ShowHide
 ok so one script I remember requesting once is Multiple damage display and later found out I wasn't the only one, there were like 3 posts that explained it differently or had different ideas for the system, until eventually it kind of didn't make any sense no more so I came up with the ULTIMATE idea of how to make it work and easy to configure.

First of all ill explain what this is, PLEASE IF YOU CAN, go to a project where you didn't touch the animations (new project if needed) and check out animation 030: Ice 1 and notice how it basically attacks out character twice! Where when we use it as out Target's animation for a skill, it only displays one damage! When really it should show damage on frame #003 and frame #006. Even after explaining it this way I KNOW some probably don't understand yet, so another example:

Try figuring out what I did in that picture, at frame #001 when the animation started, there is no damage displayed, I'd do so because nothing really touches our character now does it?
The first damage showed up when it got attacked at frame #003 and then our character suffers more damage on frame #006.
This way skills would be better made and the choices of skill creation will increase.

What's my idea of making it work and making it extremely easy to configure?
The script is that every animation that has a special "Flash timing" will be effected by the scripit,
Let's say the special flash timing is "Screen: 0-red, 0-green, 0-blue, 0-strength, 1 duration"
So every frame you'd put THAT certain "flash timing" there will be dmg displayed! If that certain "Fla... let's just call it "FT"; if that certain FT is not used in an animation, the script wont effect that certain animation, the script will only effect the FT "Screen: 0-red, 0-green, 0-blue, 0-strength, 1 duration".
Lets say i used the FT 5 times in an animation, 5 dmg's will be displayed!

If you need more explanation just let me know I'll try my best

2)Monster kill count'
I believe there is one like that already but it isn't specific of the monsters, if you ever played MMO's, you'd know there are always those quests
"Please go kill 25 birds" now someone again already made a system that gives each monster its own count, but as I said earlier, people don't exactly understand what the request is,

Let's say I killed 50 birds, and then started the mission of killing 25, the count is plus 25! The existing system just keeps track of old kills and then when I start the mission I finished it even before i actually went on the mission.

I'm guessing it can be easier to make it work with the controlled variables?

3) Weapon Skills
skills that work like weapons, but better?\!

Basically Direct skills that can only attack monsters from the Front of the character, like weapons, which means you can't attack monsters with these skills when the monsters are not in front of your character,
Which also means just like weapons you don't have the selection scene coming up, JUST Like WEAPONS,
Don't refer to the combo system, =\ because it just doesn't work the way this system should, because you make special skills, with certain animations and certain stats and states for the skill. Making it with combo system will just screw everything up S:, just skills that work like weapons, its brilliant for close range classes, like warriors. So instead of just having to attack all the time, he will also have skills, that are like "fire slash" and so on.
the picture kinda explains it also doesnt it?

4) Advanced auto Target!
One already exists but it isn't so good S: have anyone here played MMO's in the past? That u needs to select monsters to attack, using the key "Tab", basically when clicking tab, it selects a monster, if clicking tab again, and it selects a different monster.  The existing script involves 2 keys; this one involves only 1, ALSO!
If a monster targets you, you will automatically target the monster, this way it will be easily to battle quick, but only if u hasn't targeted anything yet, if you targeted something already, monsters targeting you won't change a thing.
Also I know this might not be possible, but targeting with mouse would be nice too o:, just saying.

5) Smart auto targeting
 , in blizz-abs when u use a skill and there is only 1 enemy at the range, why would you need the selection scene? Lol. It should automatically understand that the enemy you're targeting! Also, when u use skills that attack all enemies, it obvious that u attack all enemies at range, no need for selection scene.

Is there is 2 enemies at range, make it select the closest enemy to you, if they are both at same range, select random. But for this option, make it possible to configure that some skills will have the selection scene, some don't.

it also refers to 4)

6) Party members health bar! just like enemies have the option to have health bar on top of them, there should be an option for party members to have as well. since in my hud, it shows only the hp of the main party member, (idk how to add more, asked once none answered)
so party members health bar on top of the character would be usful!

7) idk what is needed for that but the caterpiller system sucks ballz >:, there should be an option to configure the character automatically just like enemies, im taking away the option AL behaviour, because i was every character have its own behaviour, just make the party members to attack what ever enemie targets any of their party member, also use skills more then using attacks, the members keep on attacking and not using the skills which would be more usful!, anyway need a script to configure that =\.

Blizzard

1. I once made a "Cluster damage" plugin. I have no idea where it is. I think I have given it to NAMKCOR. I think it might also be in the Star G. example game.

2. Just use variables. By default the trigger for enemy events is "on death". Just put inside their event a command to increase that variable. It can't get simpler than that.

4. With your system it would be impossible to stop targeting a monster.

5. Eh, that's how it used to work. People complained that they didn't want to use a skill if it doesn't show the targets they actually want to hit so I added the target selection scene there.

winkio, you might want to consider adding another attribute to skills/items. It would be "selection disabled". Then you might also want to add selection to all possible skill types.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Taiine

The HUD Creator would be very nice. So much can be done with huds but if you don't know even where to start (like me) wanting to make your own could be a near impossible task. Shoot I'd love to have even a base template to work off, as I have no idea what part of code from the main script should be taken or whats not needed or whats vital... Using other already made scrips haven't helped either and trying to edit such ends up in a bigger mess. (I STILL can't get exp to show in z-hud, and level/gold appears behind the image and wont update)

I would die for a creator.

Shalaren

February 25, 2011, 05:03:38 pm #3 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:04:51 pm by shalaren metropolis
Quote from: Blizzard on February 25, 2011, 02:11:40 pm
1. I once made a "Cluster damage" plugin. I have no idea where it is. I think I have given it to NAMKCOR. I think it might also be in the Star G. example game.

2. Just use variables. By default the trigger for enemy events is "on death". Just put inside their event a command to increase that variable. It can't get simpler than that.

4. With your system it would be impossible to stop targeting a monster.

5. Eh, that's how it used to work. People complained that they didn't want to use a skill if it doesn't show the targets they actually want to hit so I added the target selection scene there.

winkio, you might want to consider adding another attribute to skills/items. It would be "selection disabled". Then you might also want to add selection to all possible skill types.

1. Ill check it out S:
2. theres a small bug with that, when u kill an enemy and u happen to walk toward him the same time, the event is being spammed, the variable can get to 30 in instant.
4. then having an option of using "ESC" to cancel, but then again, the part of if an enemy targets u, you automatically target the enemy, is somethong the existing script doesnt have.
5."selection disabled" could help a lot o:
Quote from: Taiine on February 25, 2011, 02:34:24 pm
The HUD Creator would be very nice. So much can be done with huds but if you don't know even where to start (like me) wanting to make your own could be a near impossible task. Shoot I'd love to have even a base template to work off, as I have no idea what part of code from the main script should be taken or whats not needed or whats vital... Using other already made scrips haven't helped either and trying to edit such ends up in a bigger mess. (I STILL can't get exp to show in z-hud, and level/gold appears behind the image and wont update)

I would die for a creator.

yep, or just a script that is amazingly easy to configure, optiont of hud backround, of locations and colours.

Blizzard

February 25, 2011, 05:31:11 pm #4 Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:32:24 pm by Blizzard
2. Double check that you haven't done anything wrong and if you haven't, you should report the bug if nobody else has reported it yet.

4. You can always map both functional buttons on the the same keyboard key. Sure, it won't automatically engage enemies, but then again, that might be actually annoying.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

LiTTleDRAgo

2. Kill Count Blizz ABS by game_guy : http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=3501.0
5. I already made that from Blizzard Auto Target, but probably still have some bug

Taiine

I don't think you should need a script just to do a kill count, variables should be fine and it's how I do my own 'kill this many' quests. Plus if it's a bug that counts the kill more then once, wont it also effect that script too?

Shalaren

Quote from: Taiine on February 25, 2011, 07:40:20 pm
I don't think you should need a script just to do a kill count, variables should be fine and it's how I do my own 'kill this many' quests. Plus if it's a bug that counts the kill more then once, wont it also effect that script too?

no.
there is difference between eventing and scripting,

@BLIZZ ill try playing around with it, maybe im doing something wrong.

@LittleDrago, you did? can u refer me to a link?

LiTTleDRAgo

I didn't post it at script section, probably i'll post it today

Shalaren

Kewl  :urgh:

@Blizz: no such thing as "Cluster damage" found in the examples >:

Blizzard

I remember clearly that I used something in Star G. that did more than one damage text at once. Try to look harder.

Shalaren

February 26, 2011, 01:07:11 pm #12 Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:09:37 pm by shalaren metropolis
i did! and im not suprised that there isnt any of that because its a shooting game, i dont see why you would need anything like that there S:.

and
6) Party members health bar! just like enemies have the option to have health bar on top of them, there should be an option for party members to have as well. since in my hud, it shows only the hp of the main party member, (idk how to add more, asked once none answered)
so party members health bar on top of the character would be usful!