Curious

Started by Blizzard, March 28, 2008, 09:45:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

March 28, 2008, 09:45:01 am Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 09:45:47 am by Blizzard
I just noticed that I've got a power down. I'm really curious who did it and why. :-\
It's not that I care about it (I can delete it if I want), it's because if you have a problem, I'd like you to tell me so I can fix it and make CP a better place.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fallen Angel X

I powered you up Blizz ;D Couldn't you keep a log of who powers up and down? ???

Vell

yeah isnt that a possibility? >.>

Fallen Angel X

Would be pretty awesome ;D

Blizzard

No, I think it is good that we can do that anonymously, because it would escalate into a energy war (OMG THAT ACTUALLY SOUNDS AWESOME: ENERGY WAR!). If the person who did it doesn't want to say, fine. You have your privacy, I will respect that.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Well, only thing I can say to help is that someone might have pressed Energy Down by accident or a choice you made really gave someone some backlash. If you retrace your steps and find someone who is grumbly about some decision you made, chances are they may be the culprit. It's not like you're going to have paranoia or turn insane I suppose.

And I explained how an energy log would cause an energy war to Valcos a seriously long time ago (My conundrum, early pages), so it is a negative thing. But if only the admins can see it, then that might be a good thing, you know?

By the way, I didn't do it.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Fallen Angel X

I did it!!! >:( I was so shocked blizz wasn't the chick in that other pic :o

lolz j/k But yeah! I say that maybe the admin should be the only one to have an energy log :P

Blizzard

I know that you guys discussed it, that's what I was trying to refer to. :)
It's true that it would be a good thing to log the actions, but then again, if only I can see it, there is no point in it. I really don't know what I could have done in the last couple of days that pissed somebody off. (Except maybe my complaints about the quoting pyramids in spam... #_# ) If the person doesn't speak up, oh well, his/her loss.

Anyway, if that person decides to speak up anyway, (s)he can always PM me in privacy.

Starrodkirby86

I don't think the pyramids caused any trouble. It was more like an "O CARP" kind of thing, and for me it's rather a good laugh. If only administrators viewing the log is completely obsolete, then open it for the next lowest (Or highest) item on the totem pole, which will be moderators. If you can edit the system where you have an option to post anonymously or not, and leave a comment, then that'll be better. Much better I assume. But that's editing the forums and unlike Invisionfree, I know nothing about Simple Machines.

EDIT: I'm finally a Celestial Dreamer!!! :D :D :D

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Blizzard

LOL!

Yeah, that actually sounds good, that thing with the comments. I'll see what I can do. after the move.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on March 30, 2008, 01:17:54 pm
LOL!

Yeah, that actually sounds good, that thing with the comments. I'll see what I can do. after the move.
Speaking of the move, do you actually have a new server to go to, and if I recall correctly, would this move be painless and all of our brain mush will be kept in "mint condition"? I really hope so, and when is this move going to take place?

Fallen Angel X

I assume it's sometime soon. It SHOULD be painless ;D Hopefully it will go well though :D

Blizzard

I've had some problems during the last try. I'm just about to finish checking the new posts here and try something different. The move might be today, within the next couple of hours.

darklight

Ooh I can't wait - we get a new site design with the move, right?

Also, as far as keeping logs, I'd be careful about that - a bunch of the drama on .org is about the mods abusing their modly powers. Not that you guys are power-tripping, but I'm just sayin'. I think a feedback system (maybe a small window that pops up when you click power down that lets you write an optional note as to the reason why) is good. As for me, I power down when I'm personally offended (which happens rarely, but has happened), but I power up more. Keep the positive energy goin', and all that.

The demo release has been pushed back. In the meantime, you can check out my resources thread.
I'm also working on the project site - stay tuned for a launch very soon!

Fallen Angel X

Oh that's good then ;D The anticipation has been killing me :o And I gotta power up Darklight for that postive statement ;D

Blizzard

Actually no. If I'm lucky most of you won't even notice the move. ;D

Vell

HAVE WE MOVED AND I JUST DONT KNOW IT?!