Free 3D models

Started by Blizzard, February 25, 2011, 05:29:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

It can be a pain to have to make every single 3D model by yourself. Especially if you don't have the time or haven't worked with 3D modeling software.
The other day I downloaded a couple of models for dummies so I don't have to test the engine with cubes. That would be very irritating. Here are a few sites that I can suggest.

http://www.3dm3.com/modelsbank
http://www.3dmodelfree.com
http://www.quality3dmodels.net

They don't have that many models and the quality is low to mediocre at best, but it's fine for testing and as dummy models. Or, if you don't mind that your game will look horrible, you can just use them.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

DeXuS

Sweet.  Now if I had a way to rotate the 3D objects in any direction,  I could convert them for use in 2D chip sets.
Do you know of any online or free trial downloads for the 3D software? 

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

DeXuS

D:  17 weeks, 14 hours and 45 minuts to download?    >8U  FFFFFFUUUUU.......

I think I will have to get it from the library, lol   But it looks good m8,  thank you.

Ryex

holly crap I've been living with Broadband for so long that I forgot how slow dial up is. seriously I can download blender in a few seconds max.  800kb/s bro get better internet.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

DeXuS

There are no broadband service providers out here. >.>   If we lived closer to Joelton there would be dsl and charter cable.  But the only options here are dial up or satellite.  And we don't have that kinda money for the latter.

Holyrapid

February 28, 2011, 01:24:24 pm #6 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:25:38 pm by DesPKP
Well don't they have those mobile internet sticks that you just stick into a USB port around where you live?
You know, something along these lines?

DeXuS

Yes, there is something new called "Clear" but I called the rep for this area and he said that it was just as fast as dial up.   Verizion is too expensive to add to my moms contract "for her..." and sprint, cricket and etc do not have a good enough signal this far out to even make me want to consider them.

But please,  Lets make a new topic for this if we must.  This one is about 3D models...  lol 

ArcaneAlchemy

Always looking for free 3d models, it truly is a pain to have to do your own 3d art while keeping up to date with programming needs. Thanks!
"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka

PhoenixFire

Hey Arcane, unless you're adding something constructive to the thread, you shouldn't post on a topic after almost three years have passed...

...just saying...

:rulez:
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?