I feel dumb.

Started by tech williams, February 25, 2011, 06:01:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tech williams

Ive been experimenting with scripts by taking others and braking them apart so I can see how they work. Then when I'm done I test it, but this code used variables and switches. do you have to make the Variables and switches, or is there a command that looks in the script and goes off that?
How is it ninjas exist when they were meant to be silent killers? Shouldn't they be unknown?<br /><br />Hay you...Check out my deviant art.<br />Click here

Ryex

afraid not, you'll have to configure the switches yourself.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

tech williams

Quote from: Ryex on February 25, 2011, 06:15:42 pm
afraid not, you'll have to configure the switches yourself.

So I make the switches and put its id where it says "SWITCH=2" (2 being the id)
How is it ninjas exist when they were meant to be silent killers? Shouldn't they be unknown?<br /><br />Hay you...Check out my deviant art.<br />Click here

ForeverZer0

Yeah thats the point of having a configuration for it in the script.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

tech williams

Heh, ok, but I think I'll stick to eventing for a while, script is odd if you dont have a good tutorial.

ForeverZer0

I never used a tutorial when learning. I just used the documentation that came with RMXP, and kept fiddling with the scripts then checked for what it changed. Gradually you start to understand how it works. A LOT of trial and error.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

tech williams

I learn by seeing. I cant read about it I have to see whats going on, or brake it down and learn that way like im doing now. Luckily most of the things I need for my project I can do with events, but scripts still good to know.