[XP][Blizz-Abs] Party leader controls all

Started by Shalaren, February 27, 2011, 03:56:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

February 27, 2011, 03:56:12 am Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 01:27:59 pm by shalaren metropolis
ok after figuring some things out, I changed the way the system should be, because the following features
is the only thing that has to be done with scripting S:
you can put other party member's skills on your hotkey, other way to say it, the hotkey is general for all party members!
using their skills will activate the skill and it will be caused by them, not the party leader, who is ur selected character *allways*. they just follow you but when u activate their skills, they perform the skill just as it is configured. everything is like they committed the skill even though u are playing witht he party leader, not them.

other way to look at it, all the party members do is provide the party leader with skills, that when used it will be as they used the skill, not the party leader. all they do is follow, and use skills when u activate the hotkey on the main character.

its been requested once already in the past by someone, but there is still no such script.
this is going to be super hard explaining!  :'(

• first thing to the system does, you cant change party leader, allways same one, u cant change and play with another character at all.

• second thing, you cannot change party member's behaviour, it is allways Passive! they wont run off attacking monsters at all, not even if the monsters attacked you or if you attacked the monsters, all they do by them selves, is follow you.

• Third, you can put their skills on your hotkey, other way to say it, the hotkey is general for all party members!

• 4th, using their skills will activate the skill and it will be caused by them, not the party leader, who is ur selected character *allways*. they just follow you but when u activate their skills, the perform the skill just as it is configured. everything is like they committed the skill even though u are playing witht he party leader, not them.
[/color][/b]
  • last, they cannot be targeted by enemies, only the leader can, they are only there to support with skills. its like they are not even there, enemies dont even notice them.

Blizz kinda figured it out for me o-o other then whats blue, i sitll need the htings that are on blue as a script S:.

Need more explenation? just let [/color][/size]

Blizzard

February 27, 2011, 04:32:55 am #1 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:36:51 am by Blizzard
1. Disable the party leader switch button. Refer to the manual for the proper script call.
2. Just set the aggressive attribute manually. Once you do that, it will force it all the time and it can't be changed by the player. Again, refer to the manual for the proper script call.
3. & 4. Yes, you will need a custom script for that. You could do it with forced action commands, but it would be very bothersome.
5. You could do that with just a little bit of tinkering with the alignment system. You would just have to keep setting the party leader's alignment to the normal actor alignment while you keep setting the party members to an alignment that enemies don't regard as "enemy".
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

ok I took care of 1 & 2, was actually pretty easy,
still need a script for 3&4&5

Blizzard

I just told you that you don't need a script for 5.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

February 27, 2011, 09:30:01 am #4 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 09:32:38 am by shalaren metropolis
no you cant really. i want enemies to consider the leader as enemy, but the party members it be like they dont even exist S:.
I played around, all characters are in the same alignment group =\, if im wrong explain yourself better S:. because as far as I know it doesnt work like that. and I mess with the alignment alot to know.

Blizzard

One common event is all it takes:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 27, 2011, 04:32:55 am
You would just have to keep setting the party leader's alignment to the normal actor alignment while you keep setting the party members to an alignment that enemies don't regard as "enemy".

Shalaren

Quote from: Blizzard on February 27, 2011, 04:32:55 am
You would just have to keep setting the party leader's alignment to the normal actor alignment while you keep setting the party members to an alignment that enemies don't regard as "enemy".

HOW? i read the manual alot of times  :O.o:
can you tell me what am I suppose to put in the common event?

Blizzard

$BlizzABS.player.actors.each {|a|
 if a.valid?
   a.ai.setup_group(INSERT_NEUTRAL_GROUP_ID_HERE)
 end
}
$game_player.ai.setup_group(
 ACTOR_GROUP)

Shalaren

ok well then the request changed to only 3 & 4
S: