RPG Creation

Started by Runefreak, February 27, 2011, 10:45:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Runefreak

February 27, 2011, 10:45:51 pm Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:32:11 pm by Runefreak
I noticed I had over 30 posts.. so I just decided to go ahead and post this.

RPG Creation
RPG Creation is a slowly growing community made for RPG creations~ :D

The site provides many resources and tutorials submitted by our staff as well as user-submitted ones too, you'll also find scripts made for RPG Maker VX and XP here. Signing up grants you access to all these resources to help you create your RPG. We have been having an off and off sort of time so joining and contributing will be greatly appreciated. We are also in affiliation with PlanetDev and more information about that is found in the announcements section. We are close to the 4,000 post mark, and have over 100 members!

http://rpgcreation.net/
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Have you thought about buying rpgcreation.com or rpgcreation.net or something like that?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Runefreak

Well I did at one point but haven't really looked into it, I might soon but I'm still thinking about it.

Blizzard

Registering a domain is quite simple and cheap. It costs usually around $10 per year.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Runefreak

Huh, I honestly didn't know they were that cheap. :/

I'll most likely get one soon, know any good sites to get domains? GoDaddy?

Blizzard

Most services only give out domains if you rent a shared hosting as well.
I used to have chaos-project.com registered with Answerable for a year while I had a hosting with others companies.

Runefreak

Thanks, I might if I can get my own domain soon. I've been wanting to for awhile :P.

Other than that, what do you think of the site?

Ryex

February 28, 2011, 05:42:17 am #7 Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:47:07 am by Ryex
doesn't Google do domain hosting?

EDIT:
ya it dose, you sign up for Google apps at the same time though https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/new
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

*takes a look at the site*

It looks ok. The layout is simple, yet effective. It just gets a bit messed up if you zoom in a lot.

Runefreak

Thanks, and I'm not too familiar with the domain hosting and I'm just wondering.

Can you buy the domain off of Answerable and transfer it to change the ipbhost.com of my site and have the domain also .net or .com? If yes, how?

Blizzard

Domain's don't work that way. You first register the domain at Answerable. Then you find the URLs of the name servers of ipbhost. You set your domain to point to those name servers. Now, if IPB also supports full domain management, you should be able to set it up there so that it uses your domain. If not, you will only be able to set it up so it masks your site with the domain. While CP was with invisionfree over 3 years ago I was only able to turn on masking, full domain redirection was not supported. :/ If you are paying for your forum, though, you should be able to able to have full redirection control.

Runefreak

Ah okay I get it, I will probably have a domain soon.

Anyways, hope to get some response/new-users from this. :)

AliveDrive

We will never sway allegiance to the once and future king!

But in all seriousness, once you post a thing saying everything's up and running you can count on at least 1 new member. :)
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Runefreak

Hope so :).

The site is just 37 posts away from 4,000 posts~

Runefreak

I'm not sure if we are allowed to bump up topics like this, but I'm back to announce that we have 4000 posts!

Blizzard

Technically no, because 24 hours haven't passed since your previous post. You don't even have to double post actually, because if you edit the last post in a topic, it is automatically marked as unread.

Runefreak

March 03, 2011, 09:02:04 pm #16 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:31:27 pm by Runefreak
Oh really sorry about that :/

EDIT: http://rpgcreation.net/ everyone :)