[RMXP] Arshes goes to Battle Camp (Blizz-ABS example games)

Started by winkio, March 03, 2011, 01:18:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

Arshes goes to Battle Camp
A Blizz-ABS example game series

Arshes Goes To Battle Camp
Custom AI Demo using Blizz-ABS v2.84
Download: http://winkio.heliohost.org/AgtBC1.exe (1 MB)
Mirror: http://downloads.chaos-project.com/AgtBC1.exe (1 MB)

Description:
Arshes has had enough of the constant attacks on his character.  He has decided to prove his strength at Battle Camp.  By using different annoyingly spammy strategies, he hopes to win.  Nevertheless, his opponents find the pattern and exploit its weakness, causing him to lose again and again.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Author's Notes:
Since the focus was on the AI, the are almost no custom graphics.  All the attack patterns have a weakness, and can be beaten without taking damage.

More games to come.  Possibly soon

AliveDrive

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

Give me some feedback on the AI - too easy, too hard, too annoying, just right?

AliveDrive

After the island battle arshes is Chicken class with all corresponding chicken type gear :P

AI was pretty mean. I died on at least my first attempt each battle and had to try new strategies each time. I was never able to repeat a strategy to win, so each battle was unique. And awesome ;)
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

Quote from: AliveDrive on March 03, 2011, 01:39:23 am
After the island battle arshes is Chicken class with all corresponding chicken type gear :P

Are you surprised?  :P

Yeah, I'll post a guide on how to exploit the AI, but not until after Blizz plays it, because I want to see how he does :D  The only one that requires very precise timing is the arrows one.  The other three are somewhat easier.  Well, the 4th one is tedious to do no damage on which makes it hard, but it's not difficult timing wise.

AliveDrive

I couldn't remember the button for shield until I was forced to figure it out on the last battle. As for the arrows, I didn't shield, but I dodged like a boss.

winkio

shield doesn't work on the arrows, you still take damage.  Same with the fireballs/firewave.

Blizzard

I added a permanent Mirror here at CP in the first post.
I'm gonna play this as soon as I get home from work. :3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

I'm gonna play it right now cuz i just saw that its 1mb :o pwnage

Edit: Omg I fricken suck at the second one with the arrows :p

Blizzard

Either I totally suck or I didn't get the point in battle 1 and 4. O_o
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

you shield/run away until arshes stops attacking, then you move in and get 1-2 attacks.  then shield/run away again.

AliveDrive

on the island, trap yourself and arshes between two rocks. shield, until he stops rushing, then run in and slice him up good, repeat.

G_G

I had troubles with battle 4, it was pretty awesome though, good job :3

Kagutsuchi

Quote from: winkio on March 04, 2011, 10:30:30 am
you shield/run away until arshes stops attacking, then you move in and get 1-2 attacks.  then shield/run away again.

the problem is no shield gfx so it takes a while to figure it out :P The 4th battle gave me some inspiration for my game ^^ Thanks Winkio

EZ Destroyer

good AI but a little repititive...not suitable for a big game like CP but suitable 4 demos

ForeverZer0

Quote from: The title of the post
A Blizz-ABS example game series

Its not meant to be full-fledged game.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

EZ Destroyer

i know. :D that makes it good for a AI representation but i think Blizz-ABS needs a rocking example game like XAS. XAS is clearly inferior to BABS but Mog got many people's attention thru his Demo.

The Niche

A) This is a winkgasmic idea, why did I miss this?

B) Yes, BlizzABS needs a demo, I might dedicate one of my games to that. And the XAS demo was terrible.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

RoseSkye

EZ Destroyer

what great complete game uses blizz abs should be put as a demo?

i've tried chronicles of sir lag a lot
             star g
             dissipate
             this game

i've tried many more but these r the ones on the first post of the BABS topic