Alice Discussion

Started by WhiteRose, March 03, 2011, 06:48:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

March 03, 2011, 06:48:21 pm Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:02:13 pm by WhiteRose
"NOBLE AVENGER"
Name: Alice
Appearance: To be determined
Occupation: Noble lady of a royal family, but they were killed and she is tracking down the killer.
Class Role: Warrior and damage sponge. High stamina and defense, and pretty good attacking power.
Personality: Brash, cynical, generally aggressive. Can be somewhat cold-hearted and unfriendly.

BACKSTORY:
Her family was somehow killed by someone or other and she is out to find the murderer. This needs to be fleshed out considerably.

RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER CHARACTERS:

(This section will be filled out a little later as we get the characters more worked out.)

Like the main character, a name is important; it might come later, however. I think it should be something "noble" sounding, but not too over the top. Any suggestions?

Hatsamu

What about "Valeria" as her name?

I like her personality. Add some cruel sarcasm to her cold heart and she will be really sweet.

I mean, don't make her to much "batman-ish" due to her backstory. Let her be a bit more close to people, not so unfriendly but more like having troubles on being kind with people, thus answering with violence or sarcasm.

WhiteRose

Quote from: Hatsamu on March 03, 2011, 07:28:35 pm
I mean, don't make her to much "batman-ish" due to her backstory. Let her be a bit more close to people, not so unfriendly but more like having troubles on being kind with people, thus answering with violence or sarcasm.

Right; that's how I envisioned her character as well. As for the name, I'll be sure to keep it in mind. It doesn't strike me as the perfect choice, but it may grow on me.

winkio

Also, 'Valerian' was used in Starcraft 2 for a prince with almost the exact same character.  So...

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on March 03, 2011, 07:37:07 pm
Also, 'Valerian' was used in Starcraft 2 for a prince with almost the exact same character.  So...

In that case, I don't think 'Valeria' is really a good option. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Hatsamu

Quote from: winkio on March 03, 2011, 07:37:07 pm

Wow, I was totally unaware of this xP

Forget about that name then, it just came to my mind at that moment...

winkio

I don't know why, but the name Alice comes to mind.

Do we want to connect the royals with the church, or are they separate?

WhiteRose

March 03, 2011, 11:07:17 pm #7 Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:08:29 pm by WhiteRose
Quote from: winkio on March 03, 2011, 09:38:20 pm
I don't know why, but the name Alice comes to mind.

Do we want to connect the royals with the church, or are they separate?

That's exactly what I had in mind. Almost creepy that you'd think of exactly the same thing.

I was thinking that they'd be separate; though the Church supports royalty, the royalty itself has little to do with the Church. Of course, if you think they should tie together, we could of course implement that.

EDIT: Being royalty, I think she needs either a surname or a "of (Place)" after her name. This is just my opinion, though; what do the rest of you think?

winkio

Stonehall? Swiftblade? Bluefeather? Westbrook? Crestshire?

WhiteRose

Quote from: winkio on March 03, 2011, 11:17:55 pm
Stonehall? Swiftblade? Bluefeather? Westbrook? Crestshire?

All good ideas. Personally, I like Westbrook, with Crestshire being my second choice. What do the rest of you think?

Hatsamu

Crestshire. The "W" of "Westbrook" is already being used by William. I guess I don't like repetition xP

AliveDrive

I think the name Alice is perfect for someone of cold, calculating sarcasm. As for place name, Westbrook sounds fine, I don't have issues with it. It is possible in a large enough city/state to have a name beginning with the same letter..

And what do you think about making her a fencer class? This would be a skill that most common folk would not partake in, thus a unique skill. To me, this fits her personality and past perfectly.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

I envisioned her more like an Amazon/Warrior.  Fencer seems too... subdued.

WhiteRose

Quote from: AliveDrive on March 04, 2011, 06:20:45 am
I think the name Alice is perfect for someone of cold, calculating sarcasm. As for place name, Westbrook sounds fine, I don't have issues with it. It is possible in a large enough city/state to have a name beginning with the same letter..

And what do you think about making her a fencer class? This would be a skill that most common folk would not partake in, thus a unique skill. To me, this fits her personality and past perfectly.

The largest problem I see with her being a fencer is that fencers typically don't have the high armour/endurance that is necessary for her to fulfill her class role. I think she would be better suited to something more along the lines of a warrior, fighter, knight, or something else along those lines.

AliveDrive

I like the sound of her being a knight. :P
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

winkio

agreed, it fits well into her social status.

WhiteRose

AliveDrive

I kind of see Alice as having long, straight blonde hair and bright green eyes.

WhiteRose

Quote from: AliveDrive on March 04, 2011, 12:37:26 pm
I kind of see Alice as having long, straight blonde hair and bright green eyes.

I agree with blonde hair; I'm not sure whether she would wear it long or short. Wearing it long would be a symbol of her noble status, whereas having it short would be more practical from a fighting standpoint. It's a bit of a toss up, really. We should also keep in mind what the spriters want to work with.

As for eye colour, I personally envision her with blue eyes, but it's a moot point, really - it's not important at all. She can have green eyes if that's the popular vote.

Hatsamu

I was about to make a post regarding her hair.

It was something like "a warrior would have her blonde hair cut in order to look tougher".

Why not giving her a red-ish brown hair, so she can have it long and still look rude...?