Basic Features

Started by winkio, March 03, 2011, 08:46:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

I feel like as awesome as BABS is, it would be easier to do a community game without it.

What sort of features Niche? We could work on converting them possibly?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

The Niche

Taming is my baby for the offering, but that can't work without babs for obvious reasons. A skill levelling system that needs to be able to store the damage done by the skill.  I'll probably come up with others, but honestly, I'm not really interested in large scale contribution to this project if it's gonna be a tbbs. I'll help with spriting and writing, but I'm out for eventing.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

AliveDrive

That could be done with variable I imagine.

I enjoy eventing, but what's a tbbs?

something something battle system?
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

WhiteRose

Quote from: AliveDrive on March 04, 2011, 07:03:45 pm
Tbbs?

something something battle system?

Turn-based battle system.

@Niche: I don't think not being able to use plugins you've already created is a good reason to not work on a project you otherwise would enjoy; maybe you should give working with whatever battle system we end up using a chance, and see if you like it at all. In the end, though, it's your choice.

The Niche

It's not plugins I've already created, it's plugins I can create. I literally cannot stand turn-based battle systems. They drive me insane. And I plan on working on the project. Just not to the degree I was originally going to.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

AliveDrive

You're multi-talented, we can use your skills in many places.

There's ways to make turn based not so bad.

The Niche

I know there is. But turn based is always turn based. Transferral to an alternate screen, the use of alternate characters, is to me, very gamebreaking.

AliveDrive

If we do well enough with what we have to work with (and with a really talented team) we should do very well, despite our limitations.

The Niche

Call me stubborn, but that's basically all this is. At an emotional level, I really do not want to work on a turn based game. So I'm going to do graphics and I'm going to do writing, but as for putting the game together, I'm out.

AliveDrive

Well any contributions will be greatly appreciated.

And, as always, if you change your mind don't hesitate to jump on in.

ForeverZer0

I developed a Chrono Trigger ATB system, though it is only about 85-90% percent finished. I don't have the time at the moment to finish it, but I would offer to this project as either a script to get ideas from, or even if someone wanted to attempt to finish it for me.

It has way too many feature to list here, but it basicacally just think of CT's system, where you have a caterpillar, but when battle is initialized, each character runs to there place and combat begins on the map. The biggest thing that needs done on it is to finish how stances work during different commands, but a combo system for dual and triple attacks is already implemented, and high comaptibility with almost every script in Tons and other popular scripts has been maintained.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

AliveDrive

Niche you have a quest. Do you accept?

The Niche

Well, that does sound a lot better. How much spriting will it require?

ForeverZer0

Depends on the number of characters used. The system by default uses a three character configuration. Check out CT and see what all stances the characters use. If that much could be done it would be more than sufficient.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

AliveDrive

F0 what all work remains before the system is finished? Could you give us bullet points for clarity?

ForeverZer0

I'll probably just post it in a little bit. I have a copy that WhiteRose used to test that is filled with notes and explanations detailing everything such as known bugs, what needs finished, what I plan, etc, etc.

In fact, here's the link. The password is "rose" (I think).

http://www.mediafire.com/?nwmyg2puenbrc5k

AliveDrive

I looked at it and I think this is spectacular. It makes a battle feel way more fresh than the standard turn base system.

Thank you for this.

@Others Alright people...my vote is totally for this.

winkio

I agree :)  I would finish it if nobody else volunteered ;)

ForeverZer0

Feel free. I give what is done to CP.

AliveDrive

I'd volunteer but...

No skillz. Not in that department at least. I feel so useless right now. :haha:

The only things I really can't do are script and write a story. (Although I'm feeling more confident about the story-writing lately.)