Alice concept art

Started by The Niche, March 04, 2011, 08:07:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

March 04, 2011, 08:07:34 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:32:43 pm by winkio
Start creating concept art for Alice.  Look at her character topic for her description.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Hatsamu

I gave her a broad/giant sword by now.

Spoiler: ShowHide

winkio

She looks like she needs more armor to me.  Also, any specific reason the broadsword is humongous at the tip?  I do like the idea of a broadsword though :)

WhiteRose

Quote from: Hatsamu on March 09, 2011, 10:25:48 pm
I gave her a broad/giant sword by now.

That's actually really good; I'm quite impressed. Her hands and feet seem a little large, though that's probably just your artistic style. The neck also seems just a tiny bit off. All in all, though, very impressive. Great job.

The Niche

Hmm...maybe make the eyes a little more apparent? :V:

Seriously, good work.

Wait, didn't I decide to leave this project altogether?

FUCK. Also, @Wink: Thank you for editing my posts and dragging me back into this mess.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

Dweller

I think that this sprite match with Alice description. Waiting for aproval to complete the whole animation:

Dwellercoc

The Niche

That looks perfect. Future reference though: If you're only going to do one row, do the top row, it gives the best visualisation.

winkio

it's pretty good, but why does it look like her abdomen swivels a full 90 degrees to either side when she walks?

WhiteRose

I think that looks okay. I'm not a fan of the style, but knowing next to nothing about pixel art, I can't really say what's wrong with it or how to improve it. This is outside my area of expertise; I'll just trust the rest of you with your opinions - I know whatever you'll come up with will be excellent.

Also, this isn't quite the right topic for this - this topic is for the discussion of concept art. Maybe we should start another topic for the actual sprites?

Hatsamu

Alice:

(All colours could be easily changed)

The Niche

WhiteRose

Quote from: Hatsamu on March 16, 2011, 01:36:38 am
Alice:

It looks good. I do think, though, that she should have armour on her legs.

The Niche

Quote from: WhiteRose on March 16, 2011, 01:13:58 pm
Quote from: Hatsamu on March 16, 2011, 01:36:38 am
Alice:

It looks good. I do think, though, that the sight of her thighs is sexist.

:V:

Seriously, Rose is right. I'm not going to think of a reason why I missed that. :V, I actually thought there was.

Hatsamu

You're right, I'll try some chain mail I think.

winkio

I would still like to see a full suit of knights armor, by which I mean continuous plate armor covering legs, arms, and torso.

Also, I just realized why this character we've created seems so familiar: it's Samus.

No, that's not a bad thing, and we certainly aren't abandoning our design.  Just something to think about as a reference, how Alice is both similar and different.

WhiteRose

I agree that a suit of full plate mail might look the best.

AliveDrive

This looks great. And ya, probably best to cover the legs up.

Beyond that, um yep this looks like the Alice from the story.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

tSwitch

Keep in mind that armor is metal and as such is extremely uncomfortable to wear.
Beneath suits of armor is always leather at the very least, and possibly chain on top of it and between the armor joints.

She looks like she's wearing a full metal miniskirt and tanktop which would be -extremely- hard to move in and uncomfortable.

Also, the angle that the sword is at, combined with the thinning toward the hilt make it look like the metal bit would end before the hilt begins.  Also, since it is a two-handed sword, the grip should be two-handed as well.  I would seriously suggest making it a constant width, or tapered toward the tip.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

winkio

Also, a family crest on the breastplate would be nice if you don't mind :)