Run Time Package

Started by G_G, March 07, 2011, 02:47:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

September 23, 2011, 08:19:01 pm #280 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:27:28 pm by Blizzard
The walking looks manly. xD

EDIT: Guys, I just noticed that some of you have been adding multiple graphics where just the hue was changed. There is really no need for that. Just add one graphic (or more if they differ in actual colorization, not just hue) and the rest will be done in the engine. I think Mark and FTS were the ones who added the multiple graphics. :P
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

OHGODWHATDIDIJUSTDO

It's supposed to be a Bard...

Lore

Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

ShadowPierce

September 26, 2011, 04:49:38 pm #283 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:51:01 pm by ShadowPierce
->HOLYFREAKINGHELLONEMANCARNIVAL!!! :O.o:

Maybe a bit too bright? I dunno, or perhaps the white parts of the clothes should be a bit darker/desaturated... :3

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Lore

Well to be honest, I think the outfit looks pretty cool (I think it's just the green background that makes it hard to see), but it's the hair that caught me off guard. I think if the hair was fixed up a bit, it would look a lot better.
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

Blizzard

Is that hair or an animal on his head? I'm pretty sure it's a living creature.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

September 26, 2011, 05:54:00 pm #286 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:00:49 pm by Aqua
Uh...
That's a hat with feathers o-o
And a shoulder pad on his left shoulder with more feathers and a golden flower ornament.

His hair is actually like just two strands that is barely visible since I made them pink LOL

Edit:
I'll try removing the feathers/shoulder pad later.

Edit2:
Here...

Lore

That looks a lot better now :P

Zexion

February 21, 2012, 03:30:05 am #288 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:12:34 am by Zexion
I wanted to try one, if you guys like it I will do all frames..

Female...mage,cleric,idk...some chick:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Dropbox doesn't work that way. xD You have to put the picture in your "public" folder and then get the public link by right clicking and selecting DropBox from the context menu.

Zexion

Oh shit xD, drop box noob here :b fixed

Trinitygamer

August 29, 2012, 04:21:55 pm #291 Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:12:44 pm by Trinitygamer
Well, here are a few that i'm willing to give to the RTP, but i'm not sure if you would actually want them...

anyway, while the grasses do all have the same shape, they are not recolors of the same tile, i just made myself a 'shape template' (the pink/purple color) so that i didn't have to 'cut out' every single one.

As for the walls.... yeah, the only good part of that tileset in my opinion is the 'modern' stuff at the end, but i'm still working on the rest.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GAX

Some of the trees looks really flat, more like stickers than a plant.

Might just be an issue with shading though.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Trinitygamer

August 30, 2012, 09:26:52 am #293 Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:28:46 am by Trinitygamer
Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on August 30, 2012, 06:10:58 am
Some of the trees looks really flat, more like stickers than a plant.

Might just be an issue with shading though.

no, you seem to be right about some of them, the leafless ones look fine, but the first big one and the bottom right small one looks flat... i'll fix that and tweak the others. (please note that i'm only saying that the dead trees look fine because i suck at making trunks/wood, if someone wants to make that part, i can do the leaves without a problem)

Trinitygamer

September 08, 2012, 01:07:36 am #294 Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:19:41 am by Trinitygamer
Question: i read somewhere on one this thread (To lazy to go see who wrote it) that the editor handles recolors on it's owns, so we shouldn't make recolors of things. Now, my question is, were they just talking about sprites, or did they mean actual tiles to? I'm asking because i am making a tileset (like i said earlier) and i have made a bunch of flowers, but some of them are recolors of each other, so i need to know if i should leave out the recolors or put them in.

Also, what format are you wanting the music files to be in? ogg, or midi?

And lastly, should i start posting monsters/animals/animated doors & chests i've made?

PS, i have been working on the trees, and i managed to fix almost all of them, i'm only having problems with 1, the big bushy tree, it's still coming out flat, no mater how hard i try to edit it T_T. I will get it, but it's being a pain in the rear.

Ryex

by recolors we are talking hue shifting, actual recolors would still need to be done by hand.

as for music we are accepting wav files into the RTP but we will not support mp3 or midi in the engine  due to technological and licensing issues but it is likly that the RTP will get comverted to OOG when it is distributed.

if you would like to contribute to the RTP there is a thread here to get you set up to do that. you will need a drop box account and be granted access to our shared folder to place your files there and then we will automatically all get the files.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Trinitygamer

Quote from: Ryex on September 08, 2012, 01:41:37 am
by recolors we are talking hue shifting, actual recolors would still need to be done by hand.

as for music we are accepting wav files into the RTP but we will not support mp3 or midi in the engine  due to technological and licensing issues but it is likly that the RTP will get comverted to OOG when it is distributed.

if you would like to contribute to the RTP there is a thread here to get you set up to do that. you will need a drop box account and be granted access to our shared folder to place your files there and then we will automatically all get the files.

*slams head on pc table* Because people were posting stuff here, i didn't even bother to continue searching, i just assumed that this was the right topic. lol, sorry about that.