Run Time Package

Started by G_G, March 07, 2011, 02:47:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryPacman

That's exactly what I thought about the reverbs, but I'd already uploaded it. I'll try to lengthen out the transitions, surely. Also, the piece repeats halfway through the track. So, it does loop somewhat seamlessly. But won't ARC automatically loop audio files?
G_G's a silly boy.

Blizzard

Yes, but audio-wise they should fit so that people don't even notice when the track ends and gets restarted.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

^^ thats what I meant by loops smoothly. ARC will restart the track but the audio still has to be crafted so that you don't really notice the end.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

AngryPacman

Oh, so a more subtle transition I guess. That would be difficult without altering the start, because the start's very noticeable ._.
But then again, I did make the ending very obvious. I know just what to do though.
G_G's a silly boy.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Blizzard on April 21, 2011, 04:08:39 am
Better, but you forgot the left and right sprites again. xD

Nope, but I'm forgot some edits to that.

Villager-03: ShowHide

And other sprites here too. I'm did both versions, so enjoy.

Villager-04-1: ShowHide

Villager-04-2: ShowHide
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Blizzard

April 21, 2011, 10:18:02 am #145 Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:19:09 am by Blizzard
:facepalmx:

Take a look at this picture:

Spoiler: ShowHide

The sprites in the first and the last row is 1 pixel smaller than, but the sprites in the second and the third row are both 2 pixels smaller.
In a game it looks totally weird that, when you turn a character to the side, he shrinks by a pixel.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Blizzard on April 21, 2011, 10:18:02 am
:facepalmx:

Take a look at this picture:

The sprites in the first and the last row is 1 pixel smaller than, but the sprites in the second and the third row are both 2 pixels smaller.
In a game it looks totally weird that, when you turn a character to the side, he shrinks by a pixel.

That's a fucking mystic, cause height comparision is clear.

Blizzard

Then your other sprite has inconsistent heights.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Blizzard on April 21, 2011, 10:58:55 am
Then your other sprite has inconsistent heights.

Damn. What sprite you use for that comparision?

Blizzard

This one:

Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on April 17, 2011, 04:03:08 pm
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 17, 2011, 01:14:56 pm
That looks very good. My only nitpick is the head seems to have more saturation than the body.

Accepted.

You should check the first one as well.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Blizzard on April 25, 2011, 01:32:37 pm
This one:

Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on April 17, 2011, 04:03:08 pm
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 17, 2011, 01:14:56 pm
That looks very good. My only nitpick is the head seems to have more saturation than the body.

Accepted.

You should check the first one as well.

Yes, I'm checked that already. If I have time today, I rework this.

Blizzard

Alright. Looking forward to it.

MetalRenard

May 02, 2011, 02:58:50 am #152 Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:21:25 am by MetalRenard
I read back a bit and it seems you have a problem with audio and looping your tracks.
It's quite simple really, all you need to do is reduce the master volume to 0 a millisecond before the end and there won't be any 'pops' or 'clicks' when it ends.

As for my contribution, (is this the place to post it? I'm new to the forum)
Title Theme 1: Optimistic
Download Link
(rightclick => save as)

Happy Theme
Download Link

(You don't have an audio BBCode!)

I was originally planning to make this as an RPG Maker Music box but you guys can add them to your standard RTP if you want.

Here' a list (just what I thought up) of music needed for a basic package. Tell me what I've missed.
Title Themes
- Sad
- Happy
- Adventure
- Contemplative
- Dark

Area Themes
- Temples
- Home Town
- Happy Town
- Sad Town
- Dangerous Town
- Mysterious Town
- Coastal Town
- Fields
- Caves
- Forest

Situation Themes
- Happy
- Sad
- Death
- Epic
- Mysterious
- Anger
- Danger
- Contemplation

Other Themes
- Battles
- Boss Battles

Ryex

These are great pieces of music, you obviously have talent. however there are two things wrong with your submissions (one of which might just be a nitpick). first, audio submissions need to be in high quality wav or a lossless format so that we can later decide on a format to relearn the RTP in.

second (this is the one that might just be a nitpick), you music doesn't loop well. now it doesn't need some format inbuilt loop point but the end of the track should match up with the beginning of the track in such a way that if the audio player started playing the same track irremediably after ending it you would not be able to notice. from what I heard this should take very little effort to make happen as the beginning and end already match closely, there is just spaces of silence at the beginning and end that denote the transition.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

MetalRenard

Ok, rather than giving you the .wav files now, which would take both of us many hours of upload/download time, I'll continue to provide mp3 files until you make a final decision on file type (Though my personal opinion is that, not only are mp3s more versatile at lower quality levels, i.e. they lose less than ogg files, they are also much more widely used.)

Secondly, there, in my opinion, is no issue with the tunes looping. They end cleanly without bleeps or clicks.
These two tunes are not designed as loops but as short songs, just like some of the RPG Maker standard RTP. I don't feel this is an issue anyway, songs which have a clear beginning-middle-end are more pleasant to listen to in general than a loop.

:)

Ryex

May 02, 2011, 06:08:10 pm #155 Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:10:23 pm by Ryex
the main issue is the seconds of silence because your right there is no clicks or anything like that.

and if you going to provide mp3s can you please provide 320kps? virtually lossless. if you really don't feel like it though I understand we'll just hope your still around and have the original files when we finally decide of the format we want to use for the RTP.

MetalRenard

Like I said, I'll provide the format you need at its maximum quality when needed. I ALWAYS keep the project files of all my songs in several places so there's no problem there.

As for the secondS silence, that's not the case. In RPG Maker I only have a one second gap at the most, so that's very strange and has nothing to do with the music.

Ryex

hmm, ok guess I'm just hearing things that arn't there :V: (sorry, had to the pun what too good :P), in any case, thanks for your contributions!

MetalRenard

No problem, there will be many more as I write them. Looking forwards to seeing this finished and ready to use :)

Blizzard

May 03, 2011, 02:23:33 am #159 Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:31:12 am by Blizzard
Quote from: MetalRenard on May 02, 2011, 05:20:38 pm
Ok, rather than giving you the .wav files now, which would take both of us many hours of upload/download time, I'll continue to provide mp3 files until you make a final decision on file type (Though my personal opinion is that,

Then provide us with flac.

not only are mp3s more versatile at lower quality levels, i.e. they lose less than ogg files, they are also much more widely used.)

That is not true.
http://www.eskimo.com/~nanook/knowledge/oggvorbis.html (even though it's mathematically impossible for ogg 45kbps to sound better than mp3@320kbps)
http://www.vorbis.com/faq/#sound
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A6556511
http://www.patheticcockroach.com/mpam4/index.php?p=16 (this one shows the best that ogg is generally better)
And I typed in "mp3 better than ogg" into Google, not the other way around.
But mp3 are more widely used, that is true.

Secondly, there, in my opinion, is no issue with the tunes looping. They end cleanly without bleeps or clicks.
These two tunes are not designed as loops but as short songs, just like some of the RPG Maker standard RTP. I don't feel this is an issue anyway, songs which have a clear beginning-middle-end are more pleasant to listen to in general than a loop.

I understand your point, but we need seamlessly looping tracks. That doesn't mean that the track has to be a loop, it just means that the end of the track has to swiftly be able to start over at the beginning without anybody noticing that a loop actually happened.
My Internet at home is currently down (that is, I don't have Internet yet in my new apartment) so I can't listen to the songs to check it out myself.